cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using drop down data to get context table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have a drop down which the data for selection populate from a table. Is that possible to do like when a user select an entry of a table, the system populate the rest of the filed using the entry that user select from the drop down. I have bind a table to the context which the table is getting data in a ecc function module.

For example

My table is like the following. My dropdown contain entry a, b c which is from the table itself. When the user select a, the system will pppulate other the other field with data 2 and IR in the rest of the field.

Table

Country Max Num Location

A 2 IR

B 4 BY

C 6 ST

Anyone knows how to do it?

Thanks.

Regards,

Bryan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you selected one value from the dropdown, the perticular record will be available in the attibutes of that node, if you want to show the same record values in someother form or table, you can directly bind that node the the ui element also, because that can hole the correspodning record right.

the node will contain all the records but the attributes contains only one value that is what ever you selected as part all records, so the corresponding values will be available in that attributes,

Try this or else, you can ittarate the node and get the record ar selected value i teh dropdown by comparing the value right.

Cheers,

Apparao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just assign an action to the onSelect event of the drop-down list and populate the corresponding row (node element) from the action handler.

Armin

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

If I understand your requirement correctly, if 'A' is selected then you want to show ' 2, IR

' in the remaining table fields.

But why don't you use dropdown out side the table? Is there any specific reason?

If you want to achieve this, you need to use value node as the table node, or you can use child node in the model node. Can you give your context structure? so that I can provide more details.

If it is not your requirement then please give me more clear example.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your reply. I have a model node name "Cod_verify_Input". Under this context i have another model node name "Cod_verify_Output" and under this Cod_verify_Output i have another model node name "It_Zintl_Phone". There will be 3 attributes under the It_Zintl_Phone, which is Country, Area Code and location code. These 3 attibutes is populated by data which call using a model to a backend function module.

My context structure will look like below

Cod_verify_Input

->

Cod_verify_Output

->

It_Zintl_Phone

->

Country

Area Code

Location Code

The country, area and location is refer to a table in ecc system. Which mean the country field will contain all countries. I have create a drop down which is bind to the country attribute. User will select the country from the drop down and i want the area code and location code to be show in a text view based on what user select.

Do you think it is possible to do that? How can i do it?

Thanks.

Regards,

Bryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

As I understood the problem you have all the data in "It_Zintl_Phone" and you binded one dropdown. Now you want to show the relevant area code and location code for the selected country.

You can do one thing bind the area code and location code to different value attribute in different node say "phone" and onselect of the Country filter all the records from "It_Zintl_Phone" for selected country and add those records to new value node phone.

but I have a doubt in this scenario as per my understanding you have bound the country attribute to the drop down directly, you will get country filed duplicated as there will be multiple entries for a single country.

Ninad