cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instellment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert

Can it be done by je (journal entry) we select customer and at the time of receiving payment can be divided into installment in incoming payment?

Thanks & Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

in versions prior to 2007 you need to define at the creation stage of the invoice whether there will be instalments are not. Once a payment is applied to the invoice it will be closed & if there is a remainder to be paid, the application will prompt to post that amount to account.

In version 2007 you may apply part payments against an invoice without closing the document, you simply reduce the balance due. This new feature is one among many that is now eneabled due to the new reconciliation engine. You'll find a treasure trove of information on the landing page here:

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000380562007E

All the best,

Kerstin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thanks for reply

but u didnt get my question my question was if i pass journal entry by debeting the customer so can i have installment on that particuler incoming payment.

please reply soon

Thanks & Regards

Amit

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

in version 2007 you can use the internal reconciliation functionality to apply a journal entry to an invoice. Please access the landing page I hyperlinked above.

All the best,

Kerstin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Installment payment means payments splits to different dates. It is not logical to split one payment to several installments.

Thanks,

Gordon