cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get User changes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I get the details of changes made to a User/User account in the Portal. I've gone through the UME API, but there are no methods to give me

- last modified date.

- modify type.

- modifyed by.

I even went through the UME_STRINGS DB table. Is there an other way where I can get this information like logs etc.,

I'm looking for info when

- someone changes the validity dates of a user.

- updates Roles/Groups to a user.

- deletes a user. etc.,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

I don't think that there is any mechanism to plug in through an API. Eventually you could raise the log level for the UME / portal UM UI, but this is not really advisable for performance reasons (and reading the log also is not very performant).

Two ideas: You could implement your own UM UI and put this application into the places where the original ones have been before (not too less work).

Or you could modify the standard implementation and throw events at the corresponding use cases. This of course would be needed to be redone with every patch overwriting your modification.

Also see https://media.sdn.sap.com/javadocs/NW04/SP9/ume/com/sap/security/api/UserListener.html for some UME listener (but only for the creation and deletion of users).

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: Please consider rewarding points for helpful answers on SDN. Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Thanks for the response. Even I was thinking of using the listeners, I was only concerned about the performance.

Is there a way we could customise the 'user create/modify' iviews so that we could store customized attributes - just a thought.

I'd really appreciate anymore thoughts on this.

Rajiv.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

> the listeners,

> I was only concerned about the performance

In fact it's just a call of your listener when users are created / deleted. This shouldn't happen too often on the one hand, on the other hand the performance impact depends on what <i>you</i> are doing when called.

Anyhow, the listeners do not provide the whole functionality you're looking for.

> a way we could customise

> the 'user create/modify' iviews

At the moment, there isn't a possibility provided really to customize it. Additional UME attributes show up, but always within one section and only as simple text input fields. If you need addtional functionality, you will have - as already said - to provide your own screens or to modify the existing implementation.

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: Please consider... (see above)