cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse Details (Nos.) at Ship to Party Field in TPO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In a SO where we select Ship to Party for Each line item. I want Warehouse Nos. should also be listed under ship to party. So that i can select delivery address as Company Warehouse.( DC)

This requirement is For TPO (Third Party orders). There will be Third Party Items with Item Cat. TAS. which will be directly delivered by the vendor to the customer. If company wants few of the items (in the same SO) to be delivered to Warehouse DC. I should be able to Select warehouse in Ship to Party Field with TAN Item Category.

Please let me know on this. how the configuration need to be done to select Warehouse Nos. at Ship to Party Field.

Regards

Pradeep M J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My understanding on your issue is as follows. please correct me if i am wrong.

There are materials with item category TAN and TAS in one single SO. For materials with item category TAS, vendor will deliver the material directly to customer.

For the materials with item category TAN, you want to select the warehouse when you enter the material.

Solution:

1) How are the ware house represented in the SAP sytem by the plant or by a warehouse number.

2) If warehouse management is active in your system, then a warehouse number is assigned for a combination of PLANT and SLOC.

3) A picking location is determined based on Shipping Point, Plant and Storage condtion. So by changing the shipping point you can take the SLOC which is warehouse managed.

hope this is helpful, let me know if you any questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Your Understanding of my Question is Perfect.

Its a Fresh System & Warehouse Mgmt is not Active. & warehouse is represented by No.

Is Warehouse Mgmt is necessary for this kind of configuration ??

Regards

Pradeep M J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business term for a Godown can be a warehouse but in SAP it might not be represented as ware house.

Ware house managment is used only when materials needs to be tracked based on bin location. i.e in case of a Pharmacietical industry there will many types of medicines. if this is traceked in SAP then you can say Go to

Rack10, Column 5 and then to Row 5.

This is not required in your case and also implementing WM WRT does not make any sense.

Solution:

You can use Plant determination concept in SAP wrt requirment. As you know Plant is determined in the following way.

1) Customer material information:

WRT specific material and customer in VD51 a plant can be assigned.

2) Customer

WRT customer you can assign a Delivery plant in VD01 Shipping Tab.

3) material

WRT each material you can assign a Delivery plant in MM01 Sales/ Plant tab.

First the system tries to find theplant in the 1st option, if it is not there then system tries to find in 2 nd option and then the 3rd.

This concept is already there in SAP and this can be used by you.