cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example for ATRVT in formula FOX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

i need to know how the ATRVT formula works in FOX.

In my planning level i have Month (0calmonth2) and Year (0calyear) and not 0calday or 0calmonth.

correct syntax is:

ATRVT(attribute type, variable, date)

How can i specify the "date" parameter?

Thank you very much for every response.

Fabio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ATRVT is to read the time-dependent attribute, hence the date will be used to get the valid record based on that date.

If you do not have the date in the schema, I guess you do not have any time-dependency. If you have, then you could construct the date as '01' 'calmonth2' and cal year (conform to internal format YYYYMMDD) and use it. This will read the record valid on the first date of the period. But confirm reading for first of the month makes sense or not, based on the time-dependency records.

If you are not after a time-dependent attribute, you could use ATRV(Attr type, Variable) just to read the attribute.

HTH,

Regards,

Nataraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Nataraj,

a further question.

Does Exist in FOX a command like "concatenate"?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Concatenate doesn't exist in FOX till 3.5, if I am correct 7.0 verions has this.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

concatenate functionality available in BI-Integrated Planning-- NetWeaver 2004S, bw 7.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What the hell ....

since when? we are on BI 7.0, SPS 18 and in FOX "CONCATENATE" isn't recognized.

Why is that?

What is the new name of this command?

Thank you

Standa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Standa,

last month I used the function CONCAT without problems. Maybe there is some error somewhere else in the FOX function but somewhere else.

Regards

Walter Cista