cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make MII Dashboards available on Internet?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have html pages of ready Dashboards on MII server. Now I need them to be accessed from remote location like a net cafe. If for a person it is not possible to get into the company network, he should be able to access his dashboard from net cafe over internet.

Can anybody please tell me how to expose these html pages on internet. The authentication will be required for this which can be taken care.

Regards,

Sharad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your network admin must make the server available to the public.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

If MII needs to be accessed , you have to atleast configure IP and name in host file.

Like, check in path C:\WINDOWS\system 32\drivers\etc you will find file name host. Give the IP and name of MII server.

Then you need log to VPN connection with authorised user ID and Pwd. After login u can access all things like pages,Db etc.

Regards,

Padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad

Ist you log in to VPN in net cafe.

Then You remotely log in to MII server . In Server you can work with SQL DB,HTML pages.

Like this i have also worked sometimes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Manisha,

I will try this and then let you know.

Regards,

Sharad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Beforing answering your Q....How the dashboard will get the data....how it will display??

See to diplay any Grid,charts,bar..... it need to fetch the data from the database servers that means if your in netcafe also .......it need to be connected to the netwrok were it can fetch the data from.

so having the link is not sufficient ....... you need to have the authorization to the xMIIserver from Net cafe.

Regards,

Phani