cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-defined F4 Search - cancel button in the title bar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I implement user-defined F4 search for my WD application. F4 view comes from another component (as described in the tutorial). Everything is fine, I see that view popuped when F4 is clicked for an input field. My problem is, how to make visible the Close button in the title bar of that popup window.

I was able to set window's title text, but have no idea how to control those buttons. I only see maximize button which comes by default.

Also would be nice to create kind of standard OK and Cancel buttons on the bottom bar instead of creating them manually on my view... I've tried set_button_kind(), it works somehow: displayes three empty buttons without icons - need more info about it too...

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

The x-shaped button in the title bar is the close button. The normal window api has methods to modify it. If there is a cancel button on the screen, it will behave as if it were the cancel button. Using set_button_kind should add certain predefined buttons to your popup window. If they do not contain any text, there might be a problem with translation or text resolving. I was wondering, if you could create an oss ticket please? A colleague of mine will have a closer look at the issue.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Thomas!

So, as I understand, as soon as I have a standard cancel button visible (enabled through set_button_kind), the X button should be available too?

I can create a ticket, sure, but I'd like rather understand if it's my fault or not.

Now, whatever I specifiy within set_button_kind, it always displays three empty buttons, or does not display anything if I don't call that method. Clicking on those buttons leads to window closure though (as expected). I did not do any event subscription to them either.

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

The empty buttons are worth a ticket.

The behavior for the close button in popups is that the application developer can determine its visibility independent from the buttons in the lower row.

The second aspect is the action that is triggered if someone clicks that button. There the application developer is able to bind a separate action to that close button. If no action was bound and if a cancel button is visible, clicking the close button will trigger the same action as it would have been the case for the cancel button. A bit complicated, I know. We had to do the latter for backwards compatibility.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> The empty buttons are worth a ticket.

>

So, to create it properly, what I should do? Something like this (?):

Go to CSS, IT Support, Create,

Component: DEV-AP-GEN ???

And assign to whom, IT-Global?

Thanks!

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<contacted him directly>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei

I am Maruti Rao. I want to know how to implement F4 search functionality. May I request you to please forward me any helpfull material URLs,PDFs or some sample Webdynpro application.

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Maruti

mayur_ldn@yahoo.co.uk