Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module CF_UT_UNIT_CONVERSION bdc_field_overflow error

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

the data type length is 13 for one of our fields. however the same is being passed onto function module CF_UT_UNIT_CONVERSION, the import parameter data type length is 9 due to which the system is giving error BCD_field_overflow error.

due to above, we are not able to create and save sales order in VA01. basically when we put too large a qty of let's say 45 lacs units, the system gives the above error. the function module is used in a Zsmartform which is called when we saves the sales order.

how to correct or is there any other FM .

regards

sachin

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Simplest would be you always pass say Qty of 100 ( fix, irrespective of the sales order qty ) & once FM returns the qty after conversion , you can always mathematically determine what would be the converted qty for aq given sales order qty.

I hope this helps,

Regards

Raju Chitale

Edited by: Raju Chitale on Apr 13, 2009 11:10 AM

Edited by: Raju Chitale on Apr 13, 2009 11:14 AM

0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the response.

but where we shud check the same i.e place the code. it is a satandard function module and i think no changes can be done even through acess key.

regards

sachin

0 Kudos

Instead of using this FM use underlying FM from 'CF_UT_UNIT_CONVERSION'.

If you are not passing material then use UNIT_CONVERSION_SIMPLE or MATERIAL_UNIT_CONVERSION

Hope this will resolve your problem.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to find out a suitable note & apply it.

Regards

Raju Chitale

Edited by: Raju Chitale on Apr 13, 2009 12:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this FM MD_CONVERT_MATERIAL_UNIT.

Regards,

Raju.