cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy/InfoObject Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been able to successfully create an authorization on the hierarchy to restrict the display. However, when I turn off the hierarchy in the query and just use the infoobject profit center, the authorization no longer works and I see all profit centers.

I created Auth object ZPCHIER with 2 objects 0PROFIT_CTR and 0TCTAUTHH. In PFCG, using ZPCHIER, I have restricted PROFIT_CTR with ' ' and the varioius hierarchy nodes for 0TCTAUTHH. When I try to restrict PROFIT_CTR by any value other than ' ' or :, the hierarchy auth does not work. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sheila

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have followed all of the steps you outlined in your email. Kindly review my email again. My authorization on the hierarchy works as it should. The problem is when the user turns off the hierarchy and uses the underlying infoobject profit center. In that case, the authorizations do not seem to exist - can see all values. The hierarchy is restricted to certain values, however the 0PROFIT_CTR object shows all values when used without the hierarchy.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is a very common topic.

look at this thread:

Here's a starting point ...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw33/helpdata/en/72/eeb23b94c6e54be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Outline steps...

In RSSM:

Create authorization object

Make authorization object applicable to relevant InfoProviders

In PFCG:

Add authorization object to new or existing Roles with appropriate field assignments

Make User/Role assignments

Reg's

Edan