cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate bar codes in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder to know how can I add bar codes to a smartform. Bar codes should be generated in a automatic sequence and its number should be printed too.

Thanks a lot,

Nuno Moreira

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use transaction SE73 to create the custom Barcodes or else you can use the Barcodes that are already in system.

For Custom Barcode:

> Goto tcode SE73.

> Assign a character format to the barcode.

> Now create smart style and declare this at attribute level.

> Using the character format for barcode

> Characters which uses dat format willl print teh corresponding barcode.

Please reward points, if you find it helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Let me try to explain better.

1. I'm using the bar code in smartforms and I'm able to generate the bar code graphic. But I want to print the bar code graphic and the bar code number, so what I was asking is if there is some way to associate automatically the number with bar code graphic, instead of write the number again with a regular font format, because like this is very difficult to format properlly the graphic with the associated number.

2. What I want to do is, print daily several letters identified with a bar code, so it'll be nice if the system could generate a automatic sequence of number to convert in bar code graphics.

I hope you could understand my doubts.

Thanks again,

Nuno Moreira

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

1. I havn't found a way to do this. I've done it also with two numbers. One formated with the barcode, the other just plain.

2. Perhaps it would be better do do this in a campaign and print the partner number as a barcode. Then you can search with the partner number for the assigned campaigns. With campaign automation you can enter the response via a survey.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Steps 1,2 and 3 are ok. But tell me two more things. Is a automatic way to associate the Bar code nember to the graphic, because as you suggested it's difficult to format like a really bar code. And is there a way of generate a automatic number sequence in smartforms in order to create a automatic sequence of bar codes.

Thanks,

Nuno Moreira

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

1. I didn't get your point at this question. Have you tried using the Barcode Format in Transaction CRMD_EMAIL? You just have to mark the number you want to print as a Barcode and set the format to Barcode. In the preview you won't see the barcode. Try printing it.

2. Can you describe your buisiness case? Is it like cuppon management?

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

- CRM 5 with SP 3

- I'll need to print the smartforms in sveral printers includind HP Laser Jet 4000 Series PCL6

- I'll use both stnadard smartforms and that ones used in campaign management.

Thanks a lot,

Nuno

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

- check that the printers support barcode printing.

- check that the correct Device type is set for the printer in transaction SPAD.

- define your own stype for Smartforms in Transaction SMARTSTYLES.

- Create a Character Format like "BC" for Barcode and choose the Barcode type you want. We've used Code 39.

- now you can use this Character Format to format the Number Value in your smartform. If you want the number to apear in clear text then insert it again.

Regards

Gregor

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

can you give us some more information:

- What CRM Version including SP do you use?

- What Printers do you have?

- Do you want to use standard Smartforms or the Smartforms created in CRMD_EMAIL which can be used in campaign management?

Regards

Gregor