cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online backup failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We scheduled the online backup in db13, it shows error u201Cscheduling failedu201D and again I scheduled it shows u201CNot availableu201D. Our sap system version is ECC 6.0, DB2, and Solaris.I able to take a backup with the help of db2 commands directly. I canu2019t able to take a backup through DB13.

Kindly help me how to resolve this error..

Regards,

Manjini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manjini

Have you configured initSID.sap and while scheduling the backup from DB13, are you specifying it there?

however, in DB2, normally not recommended to take backups via DB13..

thanks

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

The backup happening successfully day before yesterday. The backup was failed yesterday only. I try to schedule it shows the error u201CScheduling failed or not availableu201D. Please help me out this problem.

Regrads,

Manjini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjini

Someone might have changed something in .sap file, however, are you able to schedule any other job other than the online backup via DB13 ? like archive backup or checkstats etc...

means, what other jobs you have there in DB13 ? are those working fine ?

thanks

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to Schedule any job in db13.Please help me how to reslove this issue.

Regards,

Manjini

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi manjini,

Firstly delete all DB13 jobs (if you see any) then delete all SM37 jobs starting with DBA*... then re-create them.and then check whether you able to schedule any job or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjini

As already referred to delete all DBA:*, also try to delete the contents of the SDBAP, SDBAR, SDBAH tables in transaction SE16. If the DB6PMPROT table exists, lso delete their contents.

sometimes, deletion of DB13 jobs are not cleared actually

thanks

Bhudev

Answers (0)