cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help me on these

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing integration between XYZ system and SAP. XYZ system generates a number(N).

1.Using that number from XYZ system, should create a sales order in SAP and all the XYZ details must flow into SD Sales order. (Transaction Code- VA01).

2. Quotations are created initially in SAP. (Transation code- VA21). The data from quotations created in SAP must be available while generating number(N) in XYZ system. Hence the generating number(N) personnel must be able to refer to a SAP quotation number and enter test details in XYZ system.

Can anybody give answers these:---

--how to build these interfaces, give me an overview

-- In both cases SAP side what would be the prefer solution like IDOC or Proxy.

-- For SAP side is there any ABAPer work involved? If yes, what is that exactly?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

--how to build these interfaces, give me an overview

A. SAP - XYZ - Quotation Outbound

1. Use SAP message type QUOTES (transaction WE82)

2. Create an output type (transaction NACE) so whenever quotation is created in SAP, it will also create the IDOC and send that over to XYZ.

3. Over here you obviously need to set up the distribution model, partner profile and port setting

B. XYZ - SAP Sales Order Inbound

1. Ask them to send you SAP IDOC, message type ORDERS (transaction WE82)

2. Set up the partner profile and port setting to process the incoming IDOC

-- In both cases SAP side what would be the prefer solution like IDOC or Proxy.

Since SAP already have the IDOC message type, I would recommend you to use IDOC rather than proxy

-- For SAP side is there any ABAPer work involved? If yes, what is that exactly?

1. You might need functional help to create output type and link that to the IDOC if you don't how to do that

2. You might need ABAPer if you want to add in custom segments or fields into IDOC message.

3. Obviously you also need to be familiar with the IDOC and ALE configuration aside from PI

Regards,

Lim...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chang,

Thanks for the reply.

My question is, whatever the generateed number(N) in XYZ system, using that no can I create Sales order in sap? if yes how can we do that using XI. can u explain me in step wise pls..

Thanks & Regars

Balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AS I understant, you need to develop two interface.

1. For Quotation: From SAP system to XYZ system.

Here you need to check what data need to be sent to XYZ system. If IDocs are available the you need to send the IDoc from SAP to PI/XI system. then do the mapping if required and send the data as a file using file adapter to the XYZ system.

In case, Idoc is not available then you can create a Abap proxy and using this you can send the required data to PI and from there you can proceed as mentioned above.

2. For Sales Order creation in SAP: From XYZ System to SAP system

I assume that you will receive Data from XYZ system as a File. So Use Sender file adapter to receive data from XYZ system.

In SAP system, you need to find an IDoc(I am sure its available in SAP) to create Sales order in SAP system. In PI you need to map File data to this Idoc and using receiver Idoc adapter send the Idoc to SAP.

You need ABAP team to find the IDOCs or to create the ABAP proxy.

Regards,

Shweta.