cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am ABAP developer my boss assigned me some XI task.

I need to lear it.

Can Any one can tell me ,

1)How to get into XI envinorment from R/3 .

2)We are planning to upload data from NonSap to SAP system through File Adapter in XML Format. If any one can walk me through the steps after getting into XI.

3)How to configure and see the data updated to SAP system is 100% like monitoring and control.

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>***1)How to get into XI envinorment from R/3 .</i>

Usually, developers will go with XI in two ways-

1) Go with the URL i,e thru browser

http://<b><XI Server>:<port></b>/rep/start/index.jsp

It will take you into XI Homepage where you can develop your Integration Scenarios, and all the objects.

2) Go with XI Integration Server i.e ABAP Stack, it is similar like logging into R/3 and if you want to go to Development , then you need to go tcode- SXMB_IFR then it will take you into same XI web based home page.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d3/35da4105aa3f5de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

<i>***2)We are planning to upload data from NonSap to SAP system through File Adapter in XML Format. If any one can walk me through the steps after getting into XI.</i>

This is quite common in XI, What is your target strucuture ? i.e in SAP system ? Is it Idoc/RFC/BAPi etc.

There are lots of weblogs on these topics.

<i> *** 3)How to configure and see the data updated to SAP system is 100% like monitoring and control.</i>

There is a very powerful monitroing mechanism in the XI. You can monitor thru WebBased Application - ie part of XI component called Runtime WOrkbench or you can go to ABAP stack and go to Tcode SXMB_MONI

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/f7/c8d34213d9324fa3329dcdf8e7be16/frameset.htm

In simpler way, you can go to Transaction code- SXMB_MONI and check the staus of the messages in XI server.

And if you want to go from R/3 side, if RFC destination is created for XI system in SM59 of R/3 system, then you can connect thru that also..

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

To get into the xi environment and do your scenario you need to have xi installed.

Once you log on to the system, you can see the Integration repository, Integration Directory, SLD and the Runtime work bench in the index page.

<u><b>In the SLD</b></u>

You would need to define your product, software component, business system and configure the technical landscape.

<u><b>In the Integration Repository</b></u>

You begin by <b>importing your software component</b> here and then begin your design steps. Import your RFCs n Idocs if you require any before proceeding.

Then under the name space which you want, you define your <b>data types</b>,<b> message types</b> and <b>message interfaces.</b>

Then you do your <b>Message mapping</b> where you specify your source and target message types and the relation between them, then you do your <b>Interface mapping</b>. Use the Integration process for the BPM if you want one.

<u><b>In the Integration Directory</b></u>

Here you define how you use the objects and how you configure them to work as a scenario.Create your <b>configuration scenario</b> and <b>assign your business system</b> to the configuration scenario which you have created, and <b>create the communication channels</b>. Then you configure the <b>receiver determination</b>, <b>interface determination</b>, and the <b>sender and receiver agreements</b>. Once you’re done you will have make sure you <b>activate your objects</b>. The exact parameters steps depend on what kind of scenario you are implementing.

You can use <b>sxmb moni</b> or the <b>runtime workbench</b> for monitoring the scenario. You can also configure alerts, so that if there is any error you can be intimated about it say by email.

Check this thread which gives information and where you can find help for starters :

/message/527697#527697 [original link is broken]

And also :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Hope this helps you to a great start.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can XI documentation on following URL.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Couple of scenarios involving file and R/3.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30 - File to JDBC

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy - File to ABAP Proxy

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1 - File to File Part 1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2 - File to File Part 2

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping - Any flat file to any Idoc

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit - File to RFC

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] - File to Mail

Once you start, let us know the problems and we will make sure your problems are solved.

Thanks,

Prateek

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

<i>How to get into XI envinorment from R/3 .</i>

You need to install XI separately and your XI cannot be accessed from your R3 system directly.

FOr a simple file to file scenaio, just check this blog,

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Please do let us know your requiorements more precisely , so that we can help you further.

Regards,

Bhavesh