cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem during decryption of secstorefs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I've made a homegenous system copy of a SAP PI 7.1 SP 7 system, but J2EE doesn't start. The SAPINST process went fine without any special errors.

I noticed that the problem is related with UME with the following error: "Start of UME Service Failed".

I wounder if any one of you know how to recreate the Secure Store?

In config tool I try to change the "Key Phase" but withou success.

How can I solve this issue?

Here's the error...

Caused by: com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Internal error during the decryption process.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.security.Crypter.decryptBytes(Crypter.java:179)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ValueEntry.initializeValue(ValueEntry.java:456)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ValueEntry.getValueInternal(ValueEntry.java:567)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ValueEntry.getValue(ValueEntry.java:556)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ReadAccessConfiguration.getConfigEntry(ReadAccessConfiguration.java:1075)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.addons.PropertyEntryImpl.<init>(PropertyEntryImpl.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.addons.PropertyEntryImpl.readPropertyEntry(PropertyEntryImpl.java:55)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.addons.PropertySheetImpl.<init>(PropertySheetImpl.java:103)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ConfigurationImpl.getPropertySheetExtensionInterface(ConfigurationImpl.java:452)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ConfigurationImpl.getPropertySheetInterface(ConfigurationImpl.java:237)

at com.sap.engine.lib.config.impl.ConfigurationAccessor.getProperties(ConfigurationAccessor.java:542)

at com.sap.engine.lib.config.impl.ConfigurationAccessor.getProperties(ConfigurationAccessor.java:523)

at com.sap.engine.lib.config.impl.component.ComponentHandlerImpl.getServiceProperties(ComponentHandlerImpl.java:135)

... 14 more

Caused by: com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.InvalidStateException: Internal error during the decryption process.

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.Crypt.decrypt(Crypt.java:863)

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFS.decrypt(SecStoreFS.java:3525)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.security.Crypter.decryptBytes(Crypter.java:177)

... 26 more

Caused by: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Invalid PKCS\#5 padding length: 91

at iaik.security.cipher.s.b(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.cipher.w.a(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.cipher.w.engineDoFinal(Unknown Source)

at javax.crypto.Cipher.doFinal(DashoA12275)

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.Crypt.decrypt(Crypt.java:838)

... 28 more

Edited by: Fernando Figueiredo on Apr 12, 2009 6:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please share how this problem was resolved?

We are facing the same problem today with PI 7.1

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Sorry but I've only noticed this question now.

As far as I remember and according to the solution I give in post you have to change the secstore password on the source system because it doesnu2019t have any, and then restart the system copy. I think you only need to export and import java instance again. Thatu2019s all.

To change the secstore password you have to do it via configtool.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from what i read in the system copy guide for 7.1 systems, we no longer need to take Java export from source, if we restore the DB and run the system copy steps, it should be good enough. if you run the CI installation in the 7.1 systems with 7.1 software, it never asks for the java export path.

Having said that, i am facing a similar error after copying our 7.1 system. the system copy succeeded. Here is what i can notice.

The Work directory logs mention that the ume failed.

when i try and open the UME services in the configtool i get an error

Cannot retrieve the configuration structure corresponding to service name com.sap.security.core.ume.service

when i check the defaulttrace files, i see the same error.

i have though opened a message with SAP, answering this blog so see if there is a faster fix.

~Basis guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did SAP come back with a resolution to this problem?

Thanks and Regards

Stanley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Source system didn't had encryption before upgrade SAP XI 3.0 to SAP PI 7.1 SP7. I've changed the encryption password on source system and made a new system copy via backup/restore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please try to reenter the password of the sapjsf user in the configtool ume configuration (or the user you have for the abap ume)?

I have seen a related issue concerning the j2ee_admin user after a system copy. It is not exactly your case, but note [701654 - Deployment aborts due to wrong J2EE Engine login information|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/701654] solved that one.

Best regards, Michael

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos