Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEXT_CONVERT_XLS_TO_SAP not in BI/BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

First time I need to write code for BI/BW and first of all can't understand why TEXT_CONVERT_XLS_TO_SAP is not in BI system and second of all what the workaround is. I need the functionality. Please advise. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Possible reasons why this FM is not included in BI system would be:

In BI you have a procedure to upload a data from the flat file into the PSA and from PSA to DSO and then to cube. You can also update the database table from these data. Hence it is not included.

Regards,

Lalit Mohan Gupta.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Possible reasons why this FM is not included in BI system would be:

In BI you have a procedure to upload a data from the flat file into the PSA and from PSA to DSO and then to cube. You can also update the database table from these data. Hence it is not included.

Regards,

Lalit Mohan Gupta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lalit Mohan Gupta. It is not a comprehensive answer, but I'll look into it later this week. Got spec yesterday, dev must be done tomorrow. Regards, Adrian

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The function module is not a basis function module - it is an ECC (R/3) function module. Therefore it will not exist in a non-ECC system.

If the program has to be finished tomorrow, I'd tell the requester he has a choice - either upload only text based excel files (i.e. CSV, TAB Delimited) - or be wait a little longer while you copy the FM from an ECC system into BI, or you develop some OLE to read the excel files directly.

matt