Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

MaxDB backup strategy

We run MaxDB on Windows 2003. I'm trying to configure both Log and Complete backups to run as File backups with corresponding files placed in a specific location. Currently, the default location for these - as displayed in Backup Medium - is SDB_LOG and SDB_COM. This appears to be a variable which points to C:/sapdb/data/wrk/SDB, but I cannot find where these variables are established.

I want to place the Log and Complete backup files in another location. I have already attemtped to change the Backup Medium to reflect F:/sapdb/backup/log_BU, but MaxDB Manager does not accept this. Perhaps I'm not following the proper syntax. My other thought is to establish another variable - SDB_LOG2 - and reference this in Backup Medium, but as I've stated I cannot find where to establish such a variable.

In UNIX the solution is straight forwared - simply enter the file system path, but in Windows where drive letters are required, this is not possible.

Second, is "tape" the preferred medium for Complete backups? Any advice on how to configure this?

Please advise,

Drew A

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question