Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity Contract Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client's requirement is as follows:

The contract is signed with the customer for total number of hours. Say for SAP support a contract is signed for 200 Hours. There are 2 separate consultants - SD & MM created as service materials. The BUM (base unit of measure) for both the masterials have been selected as "HR".

For SD consultant - 100 HR

For MM Consultant - 100HR

Becasue the number of hours is the main factor in the contract - I have suggested the Quantity Contract (CQ). I have created a release sales order on the basis of which the invoice will be created.

I have maintained the per hour rate for both materials. I created 2 release sales orders on the basis of the contract & the third time the system threw an error blocking the referencing.

Issue:

There is one situation where there will be a fixed price (irrespective of any consultant working) involved. Then if any consultant works for additional hours that will be charged according to the rate.

I used a condition type for fixed price (as a surcharge) & used only this in the contract price.

I created a release sales order & the system copied the fixed surcharge, in addition I consumed half of the hours from the contract. The value got changed.

Again I created one more release sales order & consumed the remaining hours (system only copied half hours) in addition to the fixed surcharge.

Then I tried to create one more release sales order & the system allows the referencing without copying any quantity.

Where is the configuration missing?

With best regards,

Niyaz Sayyed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For any service related booking wherein time is involved , the best way/standard SAP solution is Resource Related Billing where in you have the flexibilty of having different hourly rates.

RRB is integrated with HR for maintaining the Times Sheet worked by each resource ( CATS-cross application Time sheet) and CO for the Cost , which is derived from Activity Type.

Within SD you will create all the master data and the price that you want to bill.

Regards,

Ashok Chauhan