cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance SAP XI Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I wanted to implement one new thing as an enhancement to my existing xi scenarios.

I want to create a webservice or html page through which I can access the features of SXMB_MONI with some enhancements say I want one more column as in SXMB_MONI result say IDoc number, or shipment number.

I want business users to use an html page with search criteria say sender system, receiver system, date, time and the search result will pull the same records as the SXMB_MONI records with some extra columns as idoc nember. Also can i display the error if any in the same record say one more column as error.I also want to display each sxmb_moni result as hyperlink and on clicking it i want the user to see the payload and trace as we have in SXMB_MONI.

Also which is better option to expose my Function module(Zsxmb_report_test which is a custom function module i will write) as a webservice or create a interface in xi with receicer rfc adapter calling my custom function module and sender say a webservice.

How-to enrich XI monitor's output /people/daniele.conca2/blog/2008/07/31/how-to-enrich-xi-monitors-output

Exposing the XI monitoring functionality as a Web Service https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/909760cb-0ec8-2a10-4a96-ee8417ac...

I had links to these articles but want to know if anybody has implemented it and how is the performance. Also would appreciate if you can share some good error handling and exception mechanism implemented in XI to make xi scenarios more stable and better maintenance.

Thanks in advance

Ravijeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i too tried the same links , all uses XPATH to pass through the XML to search and retrive data.

So wide date range would take more time and sometimes throwed into dump.

But wat topic what we are discusing is very important and XI monitoring needs enhancement in realtime where data is following in chunks , it's hard to look into sxmb_moni

better to have a enriched monitor according to client specific

Keep this thread alive and share your preecedings, any ideas kindly share

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I came across some findings, one is to do Trex search in RWB. Can anyone tell if TREX comes with PI 7.0 installation or u need to make some configuration settings to enable it. As far as I had heard TREX is a similar tool as other CMS search tool as Filenet and Documentum have, can this be enabled to search the payload of sxmb_MONI.

The other option is the abap reports

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/02/21/abap-based-trex-in-xi-proto

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/02/14/super-message-monitor-for-sap-xi

Need to check this and see how is the performance in PI 7.0 I wanted a seach on xpath and on other basic filtering criteria as sending busineess system, receiver business system, outbound interface, inbound interface and date time as in moni but with some extra filters which will free me from checking each message in SXMB:MONI-

Also what are the tables of RWB messages and how I can retrieve them. Say I want to compare the number of messages of RWB( message monitoring results) and integration server, and by this I can know which messages are stuck in adapter engine and not sent to target system or maybe they are picked by adapter engine but not delivered to Integartion server?

Thanks in advance

Ravijeet

Edited by: RAVIJEET DAS on Apr 13, 2009 11:47 PM

Edited by: RAVIJEET DAS on Apr 15, 2009 9:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any inputs for me. Waiting for your comments.

Regards

Ravijeet

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks I did it. in a bit i wil try to create a blog to post the code.

Thanks

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravijeet,

Its very enterprising of you. Go ahead with your endeavors and good luck. i would be watching this thread.

regards

joel