cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

empty soap message

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use abapProxy to invoke an external webservice via SOAP adapter but i get an error "invalid http response: null" in sxmb_moni so i thought that there might be an mistake in request SOAP message and I installed TCPGateway to see logs about sending and coming message.

When i invoke the proxy, sending part of TCPGateway is empty but as you guess , coming part of it shows an error "java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out : connect"

What maybe the reason for that SOAP adapter sends an empty SOAP message?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek;

As i mentioned , i used TCPGateway program on XI server to see going message to external webservice..this gateway program takes request and forwards it but it still comes as empty SOAP message from XI adapter to this TCPGateway program.

as you guess, when you send empty soap message , external webservice doesnt respond to this request so it gets timeout error.

ps: i tried to invoke this webservice via another third-party tool, it works properly.

What would another reason except firewall settings for this issue ? because i do all of these control on XI server, namely before empty soap message goes.

Thanks

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you see the payload after the message mapping step in sxmb_moni? Then, could you see the payload in message monitor of RWB when you click on details of the particular message?

Check if there was a change in wsdl after you have imported it in XI. And see if soapAction is required or not. You can check soapAction in the wsdl with tagname "soapAction".

Regards,

Prateek

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out : connect

The reason for this error could be any of the following:

1) XI tried posting the msg to the webservice but the webservice is down.

2) The port through which XI is connecting to the WebService is blocked due to some Firewall settings. Contact your network admin to check if the any Firewall setting is applied that is blocking this communication.

3) The target url which you mentioned in the Receiver SOAP Adapter may be wrong.

Regards,

Abhishek.