cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Varible for Information Broadcasting Schedule (send Workbook with E-mail)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI: I set a broadcasting schedule to send workbook with e-mail. The pre-calculated server was set already.

My problem is that I want the value in selection-screen to be dynamic.

e.g. I want the date (variable for 0CALDAY) to be filled with value of current date (the date on the day that the schedule is executed).

When i set the broadcasting schedule, the wizard asks me to set the variable for selection screen. ("Variable Assignment"). I selected the variance that i prepared. (However, for that variance the date is fixed.) So, for everyday that the schedule is executed, the date value of the selection-screen is not the date that the broadcast schedule is execute; but it was the date on which i set the schedule.

Is there any method to set a dynamic variable (something like a dynamic selection of ABAP report) ?

or How can i solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your inputs in advance.

Rlyn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rlyn,

Have you thought of using standard SAP exit variable for restricting 0CALDAY in the query in the workbook on which the setting has been scheduled.

The SAP exit would automatically determine the current date and query your dataset as per the current date and then broadcast.

Other way to do this would be to create a variant ....as you have done and to change the value of the variant everyday using an ABAP program to change the value in the database tables (RSRVARIANT for 3.x and RSRPARAMETERIZA )

I would suggest you to try the former method(SAP exit variable).

Hope it helps,

Best regards,

Sunmit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rlyn,

Have you thought of using standard SAP exit variable for restricting 0CALDAY in the query in the workbook on which the setting has been scheduled.

The SAP exit would automatically determine the current date and query your dataset as per the current date and then broadcast.

Other way to do this would be to create a variant ....as you have done and to change the value of the variant everyday using an ABAP program to change the value in the database tables (RSRVARIANT for 3.x and RSPARAMETERIZA)

I would suggest you to try the former method(SAP exit variable).

Hope it helps,

Best regards,

Sunmit.

Edited by: sunmit bhandari on Apr 12, 2009 4:10 PM. Apologies for posting my answer twice...