cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Call error..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All XI Expert,

I am facing an issue with regard to RFC call from an external system.Business flow is like, Purachase Requisition(PR) is created from Ariba system/application which is passed to SAP via TIBCO Adapter to create Purchase order(PO).As per my understanding the data flow is like this: Ariba PR data's are captured by Ariba Adater and are send to TIBCO ADAPTER.This TIBCO adapter will invoke request-response service from SAP Adapter for operation of SAP RFC calling.Now i am able to successfully create PR/PO from Ariba application with amount(more than $10mn with after decimal value as 00) say $12,000,000.00 / $15,000,000.00. But while creating PR/PO from Ariba application with amount (more than $10mn with after decimal value as other than 00 i.e .99, .78, .05 etc) say $12,000,000.99 / $15,000,000.08, it gives below error which are captured in Ariba side, hence unable to create PR/PO's more than $10mn, however for less than $10mn amount of PR/PO with after decimal value as other than 00 i.e .99, .78, .05 etc, it is successfully getting created.So the problem is amount with more than $10mn PO with after decimal value as other than 00 i.e .99, .78, .05 etc.

Error found in Ariba side for above scenarion:

" Thu Apr 09 12:21:49 EDT 2009 (integrationExternal:error:4745): Received a Tibco generated message: 2009 Apr 9 12:21:49:079 GMT -5 SAPAdapter.SAInboundRFC.psap1 Error Application AER3-000185 CallReceive failed for operation Z_ARIBA_PO_PUSH; exception : Unable to interpret 1.10000005E7 as a number., RFC error; Group/Key/Message: 104/CONVT_NO_NUMBER/Unable to interpret 1.10000005E7 as a number.

Where could be the problem?Does it a TIBCO Adapter config/ SAP adapter Problem / SAP RFC code issue?

FYI....SAP RFC that is getting called doesnot contain any code of "CONVT_NO_NUMBER" .

Awaiting your reply guys

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is that in case the value of the amount is greater than $10mn, then it is converting the numeric value into exponential number 1.10000005E7. This is a number but when RFC tries to treat it as a number, it is throwing the exception. At sender Ariba system, you may change some configuration to avoid changing of numeric field to exponential field and problem would get resolved.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell exactly what do you mean by PO code and PR code? R u telling that it is from Ariba application side from where this PR data's are passed to SAP side?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debabrata

yes it is from Ariba application side from where this PR data's are passed to SAP side

thanks

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debabrata

Problem is in PR/PO code, not in interfaces, or more specifically in PR code

Bhudev