Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obsolete TCodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I tried SH01 TCode,Message appears as <Pro.Name> obsolete as of <Date>

Kindly let me know why it shows as obsolete and If any change on system will help to execute SH01.

Also I faced another issue,In SAP Screen,Under Menu,Application Help and SAP Library options are there.

When I clicked on any one of the above option,It shows error as "......frameset.chm" file not found.

I searched on SAP Notes, It tells that need to have SAP 4.X version(Iam not Sure).

Kindly help me whether need to install Version.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Karthika

Edited by: SAP_Karthika on Apr 12, 2009 2:00 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthika

To configure Menu -> Help --> SAP Library

you need not to install any new SAP version, the Note which you might have referred, must be saying that you should have SAP 4.x i.e. 4.6x or 4.7x version or greater than 4.x i.e. ECC5 or ECC6

Nowadays all SAP customers are having SAP versions 4.x or greater (means SAP 3.x is not there)

first of all you should check your SAP version , by

Menu--> utilities --> system

there will find out your sap version it must be 4.x or greater

then according to your SAP version/release, you have to configure SAP Library.

Recently, we configured ECC6 i.e. NW_70 SAP Library in our systems using SR13 tcode and we considered the following Notes

101481 - Collective note: Application help and R/3 library Note

302459 - Setting variants for online help (SAP Library)

333584 - Frequent errors in settings of the SAP Library

If you need further help regarding SAP Library configuration in 4.x or ECC, let us know

thanks

Bhudev

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthika

To configure Menu -> Help --> SAP Library

you need not to install any new SAP version, the Note which you might have referred, must be saying that you should have SAP 4.x i.e. 4.6x or 4.7x version or greater than 4.x i.e. ECC5 or ECC6

Nowadays all SAP customers are having SAP versions 4.x or greater (means SAP 3.x is not there)

first of all you should check your SAP version , by

Menu--> utilities --> system

there will find out your sap version it must be 4.x or greater

then according to your SAP version/release, you have to configure SAP Library.

Recently, we configured ECC6 i.e. NW_70 SAP Library in our systems using SR13 tcode and we considered the following Notes

101481 - Collective note: Application help and R/3 library Note

302459 - Setting variants for online help (SAP Library)

333584 - Frequent errors in settings of the SAP Library

If you need further help regarding SAP Library configuration in 4.x or ECC, let us know

thanks

Bhudev

0 Kudos

Hello

Menu --> System --> Status (to check SAP release)

Bhudev

0 Kudos

Hi Karthika ,

From one release version to other release version SAP changes some of the transaction codes and it's functionalities and replaces them with newer functionalities.

Transaction codes or functionalities that have been removed or replaced with other functionalities are said to be as obsolete transaction code.

Regards

kanti

0 Kudos

Yes, I am using SAP version > 4.x .But to get Application Help & SAP Library,Whether I need to install any thing or to change any parameters.

Kindly Help me on this.

0 Kudos

Hello Karthika

In SR13, you have to add a new entry into PlainHtmlHttp tab for win32 platform

1. Client should be open via SCC4 with all changes allowed

2. User should have authorization to go to change mode into SR13 tcode.

1. When you run SR13, it will automatically go into change mode

2. then select PlainHtmlHttp tab, there you might or might not be having some entries, if you are having, then in the last column named 'default', uncheck the row for the platform WN32.

3. then press the button 'New Entries', there you have to fill the following as per columns:

Variant: WN32

platform: WN32

area: IWBHELP

server name: help.sap.com

Path: saphelp_nw70/helpdata

language: EN

default: check the default option

4. save it, it will ask for a transport number, create a new one. this transport you can move into all other systems in your landscape

4. then check Help-->SAP Library

thanks

Bhudev

0 Kudos

Hi Karthika ,

From SAP 4.X release onwards , SAP online application help librarry option is directly provided in menu options.

In menu options go to Help --> SAP library from here you can also find other options like Appl help, service marketplace etc.

Regards

Kanti

0 Kudos

Hi,

Under SR13, there is optional Tabs called Dynamic Help,Plain HTTPHTML,Plain Html File and HTML Help File.

May I know the differece between also those tabs?

Can I link to any system contents(Some Files) using SR13?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Karthika

0 Kudos

Hello Karthika,

As already mentioned in the Collective Note 101481 - Collective note: Application help and R/3 library Note, there 'Note 97457 - Supported help types of the extended help' tells everything about the types of Help available, i mean , the meaning for those tabs.

However, PlainHtmlHttp is the one we have to configure as this is the static type of Help and any browser can accept it as mentioned in the Note 97457.

You just have to add one row in SR13 as i mentioned in previous post.

However, to access system files, we have to use AL18, but SAP Help Library is the help provided by help.sap.com so that we can get any help on any topic on SAP and it's configuration

thanks

Bhudev