cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files to WS issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have some queries on a file to WS scenario:

In this scenario the WS returns an ACK msg as well. so there are two MT created on file system side to handle request and response.

Now i have following concerns :

1. since file is async and WS is sync i have to use BPM ? i which case there will be a receive step , sync/async bridge,send step to WS in BPM design. how to handle return / ACK just leave it with out BPM ?

2. Will this work as in case of RFC also in the way if RFC has some export parameters.?

thanks

Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you do not wish to use the response of your RFC, then just make an asynchronous call to your RFC using an Asynchronous interface. In this case, the RFC's response will not been sent to XI and you need to deal with it.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but i wish to see the response; is BPM needed in both the cases , as i have seen in some of blogs in sceanrios of file to rfc there is no reference to BPM ? hence i got this confusion what to do with response ?

Reddy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you need to process the reponse of your RFC, then yes a BPM is needed.

1. Receive step to receive the file

2. Transform step to map it to the rfc request message

3. Send step to make an Synchronous call in the BPM to the rfc.

4.Transform step to map the RFC response to say a destination file.

5. Send step to send the file with the respobnse of the rfc.

Check this blog for the same,

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Regards,

Bhavesh

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks bhavesh,

Well in the blog i have seen there is no reference to transformation step as , Sync step takes care of response as well please advise

Reddy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi reddy,

If you see in that blog , there are 2 mappins that have been done.

the file request is mapped to RFC request and the rfc response is mapped to the file response.

So, there will be the 2 transformation steps also that I was talking about in the previous post.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response and i see both request and response both being mapped. In the screen shot of integration process i dont see a separate "Transformation" step. do you mean instead of one sync/Async , you can use transformation, SEND , AND transformation for response ?

finally in case Webservice will it work out the same way ?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi reddy,

What we are trying here is not a synch / ayysnch scenario.

When your HTTP acts as a sender ( in say an HTTP to File scenario ) to invoke the BPM, you need a Synch / Aysnch bridge as HHTPis a synchronous.

In this blog, it is a file - rfc -file and so Synch / Aysnch does not come into the picture.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

for more info on Synch/ Aysnch scenarios check this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/65d4dab39b0398e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep i think i am more clear with info now:

in the blog that you have posted the link earlier on the blog : in the BPM hez using :

Receive step for receiving from file,

Synchronous Send step for sending and receiving file from RFC

and then send step for sending to file. (As shown in screen shot)

Can i use the same steps for File to WS ? i am still confused at one point of using transformation ? the blog doesnt use those ?

reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only difference and i am stuck with is this. what is the difference in the blog and in the steps that you have posted makes to use transformation ?

Please suggest.

thanks for your valued posting.

reddy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you go with same Blog approach, you can get the response back from WS and you can send into File. To send into file, you need to use Response Message. So here no need of Mapping in your BPM.

If you want to alter the message again in the Response and send altered message into File, then you need to have one mapping(Transformation Step ) in the BPM

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Moorthy