cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Configuration without End to End Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

How to configure Alert Configuration without end to end monitoring,? I read in prerequisite of Alert configuration that end to end monitoring is required, but then on SDN many had replied that it is possible without that also..

I had tried a simple scenario using following link,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd17...

But it is not working, I think it is with using end to end monitoring,

If possible please provide me with a simple example link of alert config without end to end monitoring.

Thanks & Regards,

Brijesh Soni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I read in prerequisite of Alert configuration that end to end monitoring is required

Where have you read that? It is not mandatory.

Recheck your steps with this

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I had done most of configuration by the link provided by you only.. but still I am not able to make it work.

For testing alert configuration that I did in tcode ALRTCATDEF, when I run report RSALERTTEST, I get the mail, as I have configured,after that I created rules in RWB alert configuration with same alert catagorie, and for testing this I am generation error in my scenario,that error I can see in sxmb_moni and in message monitoring. but after that no error or msg was triggered..

Please suggest, where I need to check?

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

I gave you such a big jagran but i dont think you followed it or even bothered to read through it.

Regards

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey sorry joel for nt replyin on your message.. actually i had gone through it and read the note carefully. It was helpful...

I have SP level 16 so it is possible for me to use alert alert config without end to end monitoring as per that note.

Just now I was able to find the problem, I looked in report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER and in that I was having error as

Alert Category ALERT_MAIL in rule Test for email alerts not yet confirmed. Skip creation of new Alert

And by searching on SDN i got that I have to delete unconfirmed message by using tcode ,ALRTDISP

Once I delete all unconfirmed error, and test scenario again, it works fine....

The only problem now is I dont know why I am doin this that I have to find out. As I am new in XI dnt knw much..

But thanks to you and all guys for sharing knowledge...

Regards...

Brij.....

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for you help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

To provide central monitoring with all errors reported during message processing in ABAP runtime and the Java-based Adapter Engine Alert Framework is used. The objective is to prevent delays in the processing of critical situations, because the time between discovering and responding to such situations is reduced considerably.

According to SAP Note 913858 - XI Alerting: Troubleshooting

"Before SP14, the XI Alerting used the EndToEnd Monitoring as a data source. This means that before any alerts can be triggered in a pre SP14 system, the EndToEnd Monitoring has to work properly."

For help on Triggering Alerts, please go through the below link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

I hope that helps you.

Regards,

Jitender Chauhan

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

There is something i would like to clear about end to end monitoring and alert configuration. These two have a dependency on each other depending upon the service pack level. I would like to add in case of service pack level 13 and below you would need to have your end to end monitoring in place prior to your alert configuration.

Actually i myself faced the same problem that you are facing , now its solved after end to end monitoring and it was quite a surprise to me that among all the gurus out there , very few were aware of what i have mentioned above.

For further clarifications i would request you to go through note no. 913858.

Regards

joel