cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

my question is about purchasing Asset for a project.

is it possible or not? and how?

if in ME21N we choose Account assignment=A how can we show that it's for a definite project?

and if we choose Account assignment =P how can we show that it's a asset (asset under construction)

thx in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Assets can be procured against a WBS if the project type is Investment project. Then it creates AUC automatically during GR of the PO (account assignement in PO will be Q, not A). Then during project settlement it capitalises the asset. it is SAP standard process of procuring assets using PS.

Regards

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can very well procure asset , there are two ways basically, one in which it gos directly in to asset account, that is you assign Account assignment cat as A and you describe the Asset description and fill in the details like internal order or WBS element in the PO, that is direct consumption against the Order or WBS element, kind of expense. Here you are not using a material code for procurement.

But if you wish to show the procurement and subsequently issue of the asset in AUC, then you need to maintain the material codes for the asset. It is like a normal material procurement, you need not enter any A in the acct assignment in the PO. You may ask me how do you link the WBS element, well that the last stage. Complete the procurement, make a normal GRN. During po you can use the indicator Q so that when you mak GR your stock sits in Project stock, if you have not done then also no issue, after normal GR, use MB1B/412-Q for taking the stock from unres-stok to Project stock. Finally use MB1A to issue the materials using movement type 241, system will ask either cost center entry or WBS entry, please enter the WBS element number and post the stock. Now this will be taken as AUC by the system automatically.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your helpful replication but you forgot that if account assignment is set A then you can not enter WBS because it would be display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The fields you say are in display mode are basically screen settigns you acn remove them as currently they are in display mode. i have run your cycle fully to check the cycle. If youwant to enter either the Internal order number (Order) or WBS element detais then you have to make this field as optional, here is how you have to do that.

IMG->MM->Purchasing->Acct. assignment>Maintain Account Assignment Categories-> select A-> Go to Details-> Page 1 you will find CO/PP Order make this field doptional---> use down arrow to go to 2nd page select Project make this field optional, then save the arrange ment.

Now you try your PR or PO.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAM & Everyone,

If you don't mind, I have a basic question...........can there be an Asset with respect to a CWIP.

Regards

Avisek Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create the PR or PO with Account Assignment Catageory "P" and enter asset account in G/L Account (in account assignment tab in item details) as well as WBS element.

Once you are done, later on this will be transfered under Network.