cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC PC 2.5 creation of customized rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GRC gurus,

I have been told that GRC PC 2.5 is not ready for creating own customized rules.

however I can see that the GRC PC 2.5 function "Automated test cutomizing" is there just to do so.

also, GRC PC 2.5. manuals describe the process to create own rules, via R/3 Query functionality.

I would like to know at what extent is possible to create own customized rules (beyond those provided in the standar Business Content). And if possible, please give me an example of ad-hoc rules that you have created.

Many thanks in advance for your comments

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HH,

We should distinguish between pre-delivered rules and rules pertaining to SAP Query, ABAP or non-SAP queries.

There are 104 pre-delivered rules delivered with PC 2.5. Pre-delivered rules have a fixed set of selection criteria that cannot be extended or replaced with custom criteria. In PC 3.0 you will be able to configure and customize these rules but not in PC 2.5. Custom rules can be built for all the other types.

You configure rules in PC 2.5 to run queries or ABAP programs in backend systems. We haven't implemented customized rules yet, but we've played around with them a little. You can set a rule in PC 2.5 to run a query on a backend system and return the results for analysis to PC 2.5. If the return value is above a certain value, below a certain value or equals a certain value, based on the rule criteria, it would pass or fail the test.

I hope that helps.

Matt

I hope this helps.

Matt