cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany case

Former Member
0 Kudos

At our case we have two company codes (Company Code A and Company Code B). Both have domestic and export sales organizations. The owners of the two company codes is the same. In fact, Company Code A is usually the one which manufactures the products, Company Code B is usually the one which exports. Company Code B gets the customer orders and Company Code A gets the orders from Company Code B. As a result Company Code A sells the products to Company Code B and Company Code B sells the products to the customers. There should be something such as items of the Company Code B's customers' orders should be requirements for Co0mpany Code A or when Company Code B creates purchasing order Company Code B just makes goods movement (not entering a customer order at its company code). What and how should we do? I'll be happy for the brief explanations...

Also how is intercompany sales carried out and which customizations should I do for the intercompany process? Can anybody explain step by step?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yasar,

As of my opinion your problem will be resolved by using intercompany standard functionality.

In Intercompany procedure company code B receives order from customer.

1. Company B creates sales order using transaction VA01.

2. Checks Item Availability in Plant B.

3. Change plant manually to Plant A.

4. It automatically checks item availability in plant A and if item is not there requirement will be passed to production planning.

5. Save the Order and create delivery on availability of item.

6. Shipping point is Plant A.

7. Company Code A will bill to Company Code B.

8 Company code B will raise bill to end customer.

Configuration for Intercompany

1. Billing Type IV is maintained. It is available in SAP. - Assigned this billing type to Sales order type in T-code VOV8 or IMG- SD- Billing-Intercompany billing-Define order types for Intercompany billing

2. Material has to be created in both plants(Plant of ordering company and plant of delivering company)- MM01

3. Plant of company code B to be assigned to Sales organization of company code A- T-code -OVX6 or IMG- SD- Billing-Intercompany billing-Assign organizational units to plants

4. Define Internal customer number by sales organization- It means that in supplying sales organization/company master data records ordering company has to be created as Internal customer in T-code XD01.

5.Assign Internal customer no IMG- SD- Billing-Intercompany billing-define internal customer no by sales organization to order company code/sales organization.

6. Pricing - in this case we have to have two pricing procedure - RVAA01 and ICAA01- Tcode- VOK0

RVAA01- is assigned to order sales org/dist/div/doc.type and customer.It is normal pricing procedure; as per business requirement of the order company for the customer.

ICAA01- Pricing procedure is assigned to supplying sales org/dist/div/doc type and order company code customer. Conditions PI01 or PI02 are maintained in RVAA01. Since it is intercompany business process PIO1 or PIO2 represent cost of the material and statistical only.

PIO1 and PIO2 represents IVO1 and IVO2(in ICAAO1) respectively. Condition record for PIO1 or PIO2 have to be created in VK11.

It is assumed that standard SD configuration is in place.

Revert for further clarification.

Regards

Amit

Edited by: Amit Gupta on Apr 20, 2009 6:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasar,

So you want Company B create purchase order so Company A can deliver and process this order, right?

As I understand you want to know how is a Stock Transfer Procedure

This process works the following way:

1. Company B creates purcharse order type UB to it's vendor (Company A) - ME21N

2. Company A receives the order from company B in the transaction VL10G, and creates a delivery document

3. Company A Posts the goods issue (GI) to company B

4. Company A bills company B

Configuration:

1. Check MM configurations for stock transfer order IMG > MM > Purcharsing > Purchase order > Set up stock transport order

2. Creates a complete Sales process, since sales order type, delivery type and item category to billing doc type. I think the system already comes with a standard delivery type NLCC and item type NLC. If you want to bill the other company I also recommend you to create a specific pricing procedure for this process.

I can send you a supporting documentation to implement this process.

Just drop me a line at my e-mail address

John Tau

SD Consultant