Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorazation Miss in QA32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

One of my user XYZ .I give the authorazation of Transastion QA32.

When he give Plant Name and Selected all inspection lots then execute this transastion

In Menu Bar only Defects Box is there.

But when other user ABC Run same transastion i.e QA32 .So many Boxes come in menu bar

Usage decision, defects,Results,Inspection lot etc.

Now I want same Boxes come in Menu bar of XYZ.

How I check witch-2 authorazation is miss in XYZ.

So that he can do his work as well as ABC.

kallis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kallissa

1.First of all you have to compare the roles and profiles assigned to both of these users XYZ and ABC.

2. now consider the thing that, you assigned QA32 tcode auth to user XYZ by including this tcode into a role which was already assigned to user XYZ or you included this tcoce into a different role and then assigned that role to the user XYZ, whatever the case you have followed....03rd step depends on this role name.

3a. while comparing the roles assigned to both the users, just see if this same role (in which you included QA32 just now) is also assigned to the user ABC or not.

3b. and check to find out that, which role assigned to user ABC, which contains QA32.

4. Means, you have to check the role names (containing QA32 tcode), which are assigned to both XYZ and ABC users and ARE they different or they are SAME roles ?

5. In your case, it seems that the specific role containing QA32, assigned to user ABC, is having more authorization objects (means those 2 more auth's).

6. So, assign that particular role to the user XYZ too ...

thanks

Bhudev

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kallissa

1.First of all you have to compare the roles and profiles assigned to both of these users XYZ and ABC.

2. now consider the thing that, you assigned QA32 tcode auth to user XYZ by including this tcode into a role which was already assigned to user XYZ or you included this tcoce into a different role and then assigned that role to the user XYZ, whatever the case you have followed....03rd step depends on this role name.

3a. while comparing the roles assigned to both the users, just see if this same role (in which you included QA32 just now) is also assigned to the user ABC or not.

3b. and check to find out that, which role assigned to user ABC, which contains QA32.

4. Means, you have to check the role names (containing QA32 tcode), which are assigned to both XYZ and ABC users and ARE they different or they are SAME roles ?

5. In your case, it seems that the specific role containing QA32, assigned to user ABC, is having more authorization objects (means those 2 more auth's).

6. So, assign that particular role to the user XYZ too ...

thanks

Bhudev

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use TCode "Role_Cmp" to compare the authorizations of those two users. If miss match found, you can decide the solution yourself.

Else (if no difference found between two users), please copy all the Parameters of ABC and paste in the parameter tab of XYZ in SU01.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kallissa,

Please check/compare the roles,authorization,object field and object class.I m sure u have missed some object fileds in user XYZ.

Regards,

Ratan Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Authorizations in QM, PM etc. have an check on authorizations to tcodes other than S_TCODE. The concerned object is Q_TCODE. SInce, QA32 is an worklist it basically navigates from the list to the invidual tcodes. You may have to check if the role has authorizations to the values as below:

Q_TCODE:TCD=QC21

Q_TCODE:TCD=QGA3

Q_TCODE:TCD=QA02

Q_TCODE:TCD=QA11

Q_TCODE:TCD=QE01

Q_TCODE:TCD=QF01

Regards,

Subbu