Did you mean: 

Multi-level Settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

Please help me.

Senario:- ETO

There is no CO-PA here.

So to settle my cost in project,i have opted for multi-level settlement method.

Step:-1 Activity settled to WBS.

Step:2-Then the respective WBS needs to settled to the superior WBS but when i am trying to do so, it is saying that Budget exceeded at receiver WBS.

What does it mean ?

While doing settlement howcome budget is coming into picture.

Pls suggest what is happening.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there any input; i didnot get any answer.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

pl. check the note 159850

Hope u will get the reason for ur error on budget at the time of settlement.

Warm Regards,

Abhra Bose

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi can u tell me wat is the final strucutre of your settlement. finally where u r settling the project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my scenario i will settle the activities cost to the corresponding WBS's and then i will settle these WBS's to the Top level WBS( which is the superior WBS only in mine case)..That's all... i will leave the complete cost at top level wbs only....no more settlement.

Please update..if i am doing the thing in right way... settling the final cost to the cost centers.. does not make any sense to me.....correct me if i am wrong.

Edited by: Kamal Rana on Apr 12, 2009 5:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

If you are not settling the project to some receiver then how you are going to close the project,system will not allow to set CLSD status on the project.I think you need to setttle the top wbs to some receiver.

Regards,

Muzamil

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

system wont allow to clsd the project. same problem i am facing too. what i am getting that only we can settle to PSG but for the copa need to be activated which is not in my case. i am also not getting what to do. rest things are same . same structure as mine. if you got any clarification on this kindly inform me toooo. what i m getting we cant settle to cost center at last . in my case revenue is also there at top level wbs so system is not allowing me to do so.

sincerly

abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Basically in ETO senario every time the structure has been changed. Then how we can prepare a Settlement rule. Normally Settlement involve Work in Process also. Then how can we do wip. Previousaly i m also thinking the same. But i didnt get the answer.

Regards

Raj