cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delegation and Substitution of roles with UWL? (Universal Worklist)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

As a business requirement we would like to delegate and substitute R/3 ‘roles’ on the portal. With other words; if a manager is absent, we want to give this ‘managers role’ to a secretary. This secretary should then see and do the same things as the manager can (accoring to the OM).

My question is: is the Universal Worklist the right tool for setting this up in the portal or do you have other suggestions?

We don’t use workflow or tasks, so I know we can’t benefit from the complete UWL but is it capable to meet our requirements of delegation and substitution? We really want the manager to be able to set this up in the portal.

Our system Specs:

- SAP R/3 4.6C

- EP 6.0

- MSS BP 60.1.5

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Michael Beasley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there's a way to limit the list of users you can select from when you are creating your subsititute rule?

For example, Manager should only be able to create a substitue that is at their level and restrict users that are below them and should be not be processing tasks.

Another issue is if the Manager names their admin as a substitute, will they be able to approve their own expenses and others workflow tasks?

Ranjeet0702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What is the KMC version & SPS level? Also tell me the EP & WAS SPS level. Then I will be able to help you out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

have you found a solution or product in the meanwhile?

I need something similar. Something like a universal delegation iview for different backends

Kind regards

Sven

please reply also to: herchenhein@trading-fair.com

derekvincent
Participant
0 Kudos

Michael, you can do this in the UWL but only with a 6.40 backend (ex. ECC 5) with a specific patch level (can not remember that patch level).

Before this you need to set these substituion in the R/3 inbox.

This being said it is only for workflow task routing. If I read your message correctly you want a manager to assign his authorizations (roles in R/3 or the portal) to a secretary. This is not supported in any standard SAP (or portal) scenario as far as I am aware.

Cheers,

D.