cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REM Statement to SMARTFORMS in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anybody converted their REM Statment created by the HR Forms Editor(PE51) to a SMARTFORM for use in ESS? If so is there some kind of conversion routine that does this or do you have to build it from scratch?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have copied smart forn HR_ESS_PAYSLIP_TO_PDF and have made a local coppy of it, can any help me to how to change the Alignment and fonts for the same.... regards, mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Smart Form requires printer information in order to process the data. This information is read from the default output device in the user profile. This causes the rem statement to display differently in ESS for different users. In some cases it wraps the text while others look perfect. I would like to know how to default the output device for the smartform (PDF) so we can have consistent output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm. I thought that is what I did. When I edit my form it says <>GLOBAL Definitions followed by followed by 3 page symbols then <> Pages and Windows<>%Page 1 New Page/%Graphic Seal then another<>titled MAIN Main Window. My Graphic is show tucked partially behind the top left corner of the MAIN window. If this forum allowed graphics I'd put a screen print of the SMARTFORM in it, but since it doesn't I have to try and describe it verbally, unless you want to do this via email.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

I have another question. Just to convince myself that I am actually pointing to the Z version of the ESS Payslip to PDF that I created I added a graphic to page 1. When I display the form in SMARTFORMS I see the graphic, when I execute the REM Statment I don't. My graphic is outside the MAIN window, but is on page 1. Should I somehow have put it inside the MAIN window and that is why it isn't displaying?

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it depends on where you need the graphic.. I would create a new window say logo window before the main window & put the graphic in it.. to make the Co Logo appear on the top left corner..

Regards,

Suresh Datti

former_member184564
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Surretti/Richard,

I have a problem with the HR convert to PDf. The generated PDF in Portal wraps the lines which looks nasty. It is like the PDF should be lansdscape oriented. Or the pdf font size/spacing reduced.

Is there a config to do this? or should I be altering the smartfom.

Any info gratefully recieved,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on what I can see in the IMG I have PZ11_PDF configured to point to my "Z" version of the HR_ESS_PAYSLIP_TO_PDF, but when I execute it what I get doesn't seem to match what's defined. I do get a PDF REMUNERATION Statment, but in my SMARTFORM I have a LOGO and my MAIN window is defined as 2 inches wide and 6 inches high, yet what I get is a 8.5 x 9 REM Statment. I'm stumped. I'm begining to wonder if it is even executing my statment. Is there a way to tell?

former_member184564
Participant
0 Kudos

Richard,

I fixed the problem we had - not sure if it is of any use to you.

The client I am working at already have a bespoke form. What I found is that there is a feature 'EDPDF' (ESS Remuneration Statement: Smart Form for Conversion to PDF)where you set the form for ESS to display it to the user

If this is helpful please award points...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having the same problem that Jambo mentioned with our Rem statement. The lines are being wrapped, making the form very jumbled. EDPDF has been set up to return smartform "HR_ESS_PAYSLIP_TO_PDF". Originally the EDPDF feature was returning "SPOOL". This was causing the information at the right and bottom portion of the report to be cut off in the PDF. Do I need to create a custom smartform in order to get this to display without wrapping the text or cutting off the text or is there something else I'm missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wally

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Why do you need to convert? Doesn't the delivered SMARTFORM 'HR_ESS_PAYSLIP_TO_PDF' meet your requirement?

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

I must be missing something because when I look at that SMARTFORM it is nothing but an empty shell. How do I get my form from HR Form Editor into this?

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NO.. You are not missing anything.. that is how the form is delivered.. You can use the transaction PZ11_PDF to see how the PDF output looks like.. the smartform is tied to the report RPCEDTX0 (which actually brings in the remu info).. this link is maintained in the Table T77WWW_REP. If you need additional info to be displayed on the SMARTFORM ie include Company Logos etc, you can copy the SMARTFORM make the changes & point the ess service to the custom smartform in the table T77WWW_REP.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

"If you need additional info to be displayed on the SMARTFORM ie include Company Logos etc, you can copy the SMARTFORM make the changes & point the ess service to the custom smartform in table T77WWW_REP."

Based on this reply I expected to see the name of a SMARTFORM in this table, but I don't. The table shows Transaction, Program, Screen, Func Module, and a column called SAPSCRIPT that either has an X in it or is blank. So if you create a custom SMARTFORM how do you point the system to it since the form name isn't part of the table?

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

In T77WWW_REP you set the SAPSCRIPT to 'X' & actually enter the smartform name in the feature EDPDF. Pl use Tcode PE03 to maintain the feature. If you haven't changed anything,you will see the value HR_ESS_PAYSLIP_TO_PDF as the decision for FORML. Here, you can change it to your custom smartform if you need to.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I go down through the structure and get to FORML it says SPOOL instead of the name of HR_ESS_PAYSLIP_TO_PDF.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

The Feature Documentation says "The return value is constant SPOOL or the name of a smart form. If no

alue is specified, or if the specified smart form does not exist, spool equest is used to perform the conversion."

So In PE03, try if you can create another node (field for decision) ie FORML & give the smartform name as value.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Message was edited by: Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all thanks for all of your responses, they are helping me make some sense of this.

When I put the cursor on FORML and click on the CREATE button it brings up a box with the heading of VALUES and a bunch of lines, but it only holds 4 characters. I didn't have any idea what to put there so I clicked out of that. I could click CHANGE and then changed from FORMLY/otherwise/SPOOL to FORML/otherwise/smartform name and saved and activated.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Put your cursor on 'Otherwise', right click and select create nodes. In the pop-up select the radio button field for decision operation & hit enter. In the next pop up, select FORML and hit the pushbutton Comparison Value. here you can enter the SMARTFORM name.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I follow your instructions and then click on the button that says TRANSFER it tells me "The benchmark value/field is longer than the output field. Do you want to create a benchmark?"

The field size of my FORML is only 4 characters.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you haven't already figured it out.. try this..

Put your cursor on the 'Otherwise' node under 'FORML' & right click and select Create nodes> and select Return value> acknowledge the warning message and then enter the SMARTFORM value & Transfer.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh I guess I have it configured correctly since I now get a PDF form to show up when I go through ESS. I copied the HR_ESS_PAYSLIP_TO_PDF and created my own version that is identical. Since I see nothing but a MAIN window when I look at the form and no tables defined, I assume that this just reads the PE51 information and outputs it as a PDF Smartform.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Richard,

Glad to know that you have it under control now.. the Payroll information is obtained via the report RPCEDTX0 which is tied to the transaction PZ11_PDF via the table entry in T77WWW_REP. So you can assign your username to a pernr (that has Payroll results) in infotype 0105 subty 0001, and execute PZ11_PDF in R/3 & see the Payslip in PDF (SMARTFORM).

Regards,

Suresh datti