XML PO Transfer To Vendor in SRM 5.0 via NW2004S/PI 7.0
I'm trying to figure out how to implement the XML PO transfer in an SRM 5 system(Extended Classic scenario). I haven't been able to find any prior post on this subject or usefull documentation in SRM.
1. Why do we need to activate/code in BBP_PO_SEND_XML?
2. Is there a standard business scenario in NW2004s/ PI 7.0 for this process? If there is what's it called?
3. Usefull documentation on the process?
4. Suggestions or recommendations
1. The sending of purchase orders to vendors per XML is executed by default via implementation BBP_PO_SEND_XML of BAdI EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF. SAP delivers implementation BBP_PO_SEND_XML as standard implementation. If standard behavior is not ok for you, you can change it (see note 492988). In this method, SRM checks if you use XI or BC (depending on vendor data and XI activation in SPRO), and then send the PO with function BBP_PO_SEND --> META_PO_SEND (BADI BBP_EBPXML_OUT_BADI to change systemtype from SAPXML to EBPXML).
Depending on the target system type:
In your case last FM is called to send a PurchaseOrderRequest message to XI (or a PurchaseOrderChangeRequest or a PurchaseOrderCancelationRequest).
2. There is no particular SRM business scenario, as this is not a "business" scenario (like Sourcing, self service proc...) but a technical interface. PO output is not linked to a particular scenario (common to all).
In XI you can find corresponding messages in Integration Builder (namespace http://sap.com/xi/SRM/Procurement/Global).
In term of XI Business Scenario, you can use scenario Service_Procurement_SupplierEnablement in Intergration Builder configuration.
3. SAP Solution Manager has all the configuration information you need.
For PO output http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/91/41faf2c220e84c9002a4ae4cc1906a/content.htm
4. Plug & play