cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML PO Transfer To Vendor in SRM 5.0 via NW2004S/PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to implement the XML PO transfer in an SRM 5 system(Extended Classic scenario). I haven't been able to find any prior post on this subject or usefull documentation in SRM.

1. Why do we need to activate/code in BBP_PO_SEND_XML?

2. Is there a standard business scenario in NW2004s/ PI 7.0 for this process? If there is what's it called?

3. Usefull documentation on the process?

4. Suggestions or recommendations

Regards,

Jerry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

1. The sending of purchase orders to vendors per XML is executed by default via implementation BBP_PO_SEND_XML of BAdI EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF. SAP delivers implementation BBP_PO_SEND_XML as standard implementation. If standard behavior is not ok for you, you can change it (see note 492988). In this method, SRM checks if you use XI or BC (depending on vendor data and XI activation in SPRO), and then send the PO with function BBP_PO_SEND --> META_PO_SEND (BADI BBP_EBPXML_OUT_BADI to change systemtype from SAPXML to EBPXML).

Depending on the target system type:

BCEBPXML1 BBP_BAPI_PO_SEND

XIEBPXML1 BBP_XI_PO_SEND

XISAPXML1 BBP_SAPXML1_PO_SEND

In your case last FM is called to send a PurchaseOrderRequest message to XI (or a PurchaseOrderChangeRequest or a PurchaseOrderCancelationRequest).

2. There is no particular SRM business scenario, as this is not a "business" scenario (like Sourcing, self service proc...) but a technical interface. PO output is not linked to a particular scenario (common to all).

In XI you can find corresponding messages in Integration Builder (namespace http://sap.com/xi/SRM/Procurement/Global).

In term of XI Business Scenario, you can use scenario Service_Procurement_SupplierEnablement in Intergration Builder configuration.

3. SAP Solution Manager has all the configuration information you need.

For PO output http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/91/41faf2c220e84c9002a4ae4cc1906a/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/bc/62c13bdd55f821e10000000a11402f/content.htm

4. Plug & play

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Thank you for your detailed reply. If my subsequent question(s) seem simple, it's because I'm new to this particular process and XI.

I had a quick look at method EXECUTE of BBP_PO_SEND_XML and there is a lot there to figure out what is actually happenning.

Does the code/method format the PO data and call XI where the appropriate process is invoked to transfer the

data to the corresponding Vendor XML structure? Or does the code/method only use XI to get the Vendor's address information.

Phrasing it a different way, is the flow from SRM directly to the Vendor via an HTTP type call or is it SRM (rfc/http) to XI then XI to Vendor via an HTTP call?

Thanks,

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

SRM is generating an XML PO with all needed data (like supplier HTTP/S address) and send it to XI.

XI is then in charge of formatting the XML PO to target format (from SAP XML to ...) and then sending it to supplier gateway.

In your terms:

"the code/method format the PO data and call XI where the appropriate process is invoked to transfer the

data to the corresponding Vendor XML structure?"

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

your info was really helpful.

One important query i have got , Could you let me know where exactly we maintain the vendors HTTP address as i am unable to find this in Company data or vendor master data or BP.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gopi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

1- The BADI is to be active to get the PO sent to your EAI (Sap XI I assume)

2- Yes there is a standard business scenario for SAP XML POs in package "SAP SRM (With SAP EBP)"

3-Nop sorry

4- I'm not sure to understand what you're trying to do: you want to transfer the POs in XML format to your backoffice or to your suppliers ?

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

The scenario is sending POs from SRM to Vendor via XI. Do you know the XI scenario names?

Thanks,

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

If you send me the list of scenarios in package "SAP SRM (With SAP EBP)", I'll find it out.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for the offer but all I'm looking for is some advice/help with the process.

Regards,

Jerry