Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data mapping from R/3 to CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have the following scenario.

There are around 100 Z tables related to Variant Configuration in R/3 server. During the initial load basis people will dump all the data to the CRM server.

Then I have to write a ABAP Program for the Delta Load.

i.e If there is any change in any table(modify,Insert,Delete),I have to track that and same shud be replicated to the CRM server. The report will be running on daily basis. I think I have to use Timestamp.Can anybody gimme the logic for this issue.

Your help is highly Appreciated.

I am sure of rewarding points.

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jak,

I hope there is a time stamp field in most of the tables and in the tables where you don't have one, atleast there is relation to the table where there is a time stamp.

I guess time stamp is the only way.

Every end of the day, pick up the records created on that day and make an extract of the same.

Two ways of loading the same in CRM.

1. Dump the data into a file and write a program on the CRM side to pick the file and update the tables.

2. Write a RFC on CRM and call that function from your program in R/3 and this function will update the tables.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thnak you very much.I will try this.

Points are given.

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Kumar,

Thank you for response.

This program i have to write on R/3 side or CRM side?

Suppose if i have time stamp field in one z-table in R/3,

Can you please tell me how to write code for :

"Every end of the day, pick up the records created on that day and make an extract of the same"

Your Help is highly appreciated.

I am sure of rewarding points.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos

Jak,

You will have to write programs on both sides - One side for fetching and other side for updating.

Two ways in which you can do it.

1. Write the extraction logic in R/3 as RFC's. Write a Program in CRM and call the RFC's written in R/3 and get the data and update the CRM tables.

2. Write the updation logic in CRM as RFC's. write a program in R/3 which will extract the data form Z tables and pass that data to RFC's on CRM side which will update the tables.

As the data needs to be update on the CRM side, I would prefer the 1st option so that you can schedule this program and data is uploaded every end of the day.

As you are saying that there is a time stamp in some tables, fire a SELECT to pick records created for that day. Was that your question?

You are the best person to determine the relations between these custom tables and figure how to extract related data from tables where TIMESTAMP is not there.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi ravi ,

Thank you for quick Reply.

Reward points are given.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Iam not able to find the field time stamp in most of the tables.Can you tell me in which table i can find that?

What is name of the field?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You said these are custom tables, there is now way that I would know anything about your custom tables.

Atleast find a DATE field, something on the lines of ERDAT, AEDAT.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Ok.Thank You.

former_member378318
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi I replied to your original message "data transfer from R/3 to CRM" but here it is again...

You need to use change pointers. If you use a timestamp each Z table will need to be changed to include the timestamp and this also means storing useless data. Also with a timestamp how will you know a record has been deleted, you will not. Use change pointers to record key operations insert, change and delete.