Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error during F-48

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.....

when i m doing f-48 than system showing a error

withholding tax amount Exceeds total bank line item amount.

Thanks & Regards

Rekha sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all of u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a merely guess. It might be caused by what the error message told you. The amount for WHT is more than the amount in the bank line item.

Example of the scenario that might caused this.

1. If your WHT setting is set that the default value for the WHT BASE AMOUNT = 100%.

2. If your WHT tax rate is high, lets said 30%.

3. And if your Vendor have few WHT tax code in the master data. Let's say 5 tax code.

In the scenario where all the three cateria above is fullfiled, you might face the error as below:

Lets said the amount for the down payment is USD 1000.

So you will have 5 WHT BASE AMOUNT with value USD 1000 each code, and each one of it having the result of WHT amount = USD 300.

You have 5 Tax Code, USD 300 x 5 = USD 1,500 which is more than your down payment amount.

To resolve this if this is really your problem case, you should go to WHT segment in f-48, and remove the WHT BASE AMOUNT for the WHT tax code which is not applicable for that transaction.

As I said, all the explanation above are just merely guess if thats really your case. Because I personally think that, it shouldnt be caused by the GL master data. But I might make mistake too. So its safe for you to check all the solution provided by others as well. :). Be sure to let us know whats the solution that you found ok? Thanks.

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

Please try note 986950. It can be an error and the note should resolve it if this is your issue.

If not, kindly check in the relevant bank GL account master whether you have activated the field "relevant to cash flow" in the create/bank/interest tab in the GL account master FS02.

Also refer the note 198368.

The above settings should help to resolve your problem.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, You will have to activate the option of "Cash Flow" in Bank Account Master ( T.Code FSS0).Hope this helps.