cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Batch in Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Please help me while i removed the Batch managment check mark in views (Sales: General Data & Plant data) of material master system show error [Batch management requirement cannot be changed; choose

Message no. M3530]

i already put the mark of deletion with (MSC2N) in all batches against this material.

Waiting your fast response.

Regards

Aamir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not deactivate the batch tick in material master because of the following reasons.

Stocks already exist at plant level.

Stocks already exist at the vendor's special stock

Physical inventory running of batch stocks.

Batches already exist.

Manual reservations already exist.

In the menu bar of material master error screen, select Edit & then display errors. You can see all the errors for your plant,material & storage location.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once batches are created for a certain material, they will exist in the database even if marked for deletion.

To be able to uncheck batch management on a certain material you will need to archive those particular batches. We had a similar problem.

Warm regards.

Osayed Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1: Check the Status of Article in MMBE for total batches of the article.

2: There should not be any open Purchase Order Use SE16 & Table EKPO Give the Article

Number for which we have to find the Open Pos; Alternatively ME2M can also be used

3: There should not be any Sales Order. Use SE16 & Table VBAP Give the Article Number for

Which we have to find the Open Sales Orders

4: There should not be any Purchase Requisition. Use SE16 & Table EBAN Give the Article

Number for which we have to find the Open PRs

5: There should be no Stock in Transit MB5T

6: There should be no Plant availability Stock MB53

7: There should be no Reservation MB25

8: Previous Period Stock should be zero. Use MM03 with Plant Stock & Storage Loc. View.

If Stock Exists follow the Procedure:

u2022 If previous period stocks exist, we can make a withdrawal posting as follows. Post the same amount to current period stock (for example, using movement type 561) so that previous period stock and current period stock are identical.

u2022 Make a withdrawal posting in the previous period for the stock together with posting date (for example, using movement type 562).

9: Stock requirement should be zero MD04

10: There should be no open Delivery Use SE16 & Table LIPS

11: There should be no open Warehouse Transfer Request Use SE16 & Table LTBP or LTAP

12: The Batch Corresponding to the plant for the article has to be set for deletion indicator

Tcode: MSC2N

13: Once the batch deletion indicator is set, Archive all batches for the article.

If any of the above Stock Exists it has to be closed; If Any of the stock exists we cannot uncheck the batch management indicator.

After closing all the open items; the related business documents viz Purchase Orders, Delivery, etc have to be archived.

Regards

AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brothers

Thanks for help full answer but i check one by one no stock is available and no other documents is there.

Regards

Aamir

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remove the flag from the batch management checkbox and save > you'll get error message > click on the appearing "Display Errors" button > you will get information what the problem is.

You have to archive batch master records to achieve your goal. This is a must.

Please check SAP online help how to archive batch master records, and please also seach on the forum in connection with this issue.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

AM@Retail, thanks very much for the data, it worked very well.

Regards,

Arturo Flórez

MM Consultant

MQA - Colombia

Former Member
0 Kudos

BMBC