Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUM Physical inventory error : Unable to post differnece

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for reply.

I am facing a problem while posting difference in physical inventory cycle with HUM.

We have one storage location with WM and HUM activated. While performing physical inventory count u2013 I am not able to post difference.

I have created inventory document (HUINV01), counted(HUINV03) and analyzed difference(HUINV04). But am not able to post difference u2013 HUINV05

I get error messages :

u201CHU item contains different data than the stock posting

Message no. HUGENERAL319u201Du201D

_____________________________And________-

Subsequent posting of partial quantities not allowed - see long text

Message no. HUGENERAL322"

Please help. Does it require any config for HUM physical inventory that is missed out?

Best regards,

Ravi Davda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to adjust one of the HU quantity then

you can adjust the HU directly by using MB11 transaction OR by MIGO selecting "goods receipt"

and "others".Select movement type 711 or 712 .

This will adjust the material quantity in HU .

If you want to carry out the PI on the warehouse level,

going by WM physical inventory is suggested on the warehouse number and storage type level.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mentioned that your Sloc is WM managed (it is assigned to a WH). You also mentioned that you are using HUINV01/03/04/~05.

Please check what is mentioned in SAP online help:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/26/69715a9c8e11d5b5db006094b9b9dd/frameset.htm

Physical Inventory of Handling Units in the WMS

The WM inventory usually refers to the outermost handling unit (HU). Since this outer HU corresponds to a storage unit, the inventory is executed in the WM system, as before. In the inventory process, the system counts the material quantity or the storage units for each storage bin.

If differences are noted during inventory, a difference HU is created for the difference quantity in the differences storage type as the differences are picked from WM. The difference HU is the basis for clearing out stock in inventory management. For more information, see WM Inventory.

Regards,

Csaba