cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output to Different files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All -

I have a scenario where the file output will be stored in a directory called OUT with filename<dateandtimestamp>.xml

Is it possible to generate the same filename<dateandtimestamp>.RDY (with zero contents) into a different directory? If so how can i achieve this?

Thanks,

Tirumal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Easiest way is to execute Script from Receiver File Adapter and do the required tasks inside the scripts

If you want to do in XI-

If you want to generate zero bytes you need to alter your payload. I think for this you my need to use Modules in the receiver side. But same time if you want to write two files in two different directory- Not worked on this scenario. But give a try with Adapter Modules.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have two options, one is use system command in file adapter to create the file after the message is processed in required directory. Second is in mapping create one blank message with no data and in receiver determination send it to two different receiver(different file adapter) and create the file.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek -

In both the methods is it possible to have the same filename, reason why i am asking this question is probably both the filenames might differ in the filenames with the milliseconds different in both the files.

Lets say OrdersOut20060404-110902-855.xml

and OrdersOut20060404-110902-955.RDY, now both the filenames are differnt.

Is there a way to ignore the milliseconds part of it, in that case then both the files will be identical except for the extensions which will be XML and RDY.

Thanks,

Tirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek -

In both the methods is it possible to have the same filename, reason why i am asking this question is probably both the filenames might differ in the filenames with the milliseconds different in both the files.

Is there a way to ignore the milliseconds part of it, in that case then both the files will be identical except for the extensions which will be XML and RDY.

Thanks,

Tirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek -

Thanks,

Tirumal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you want the file to be created in 2 different folders simultaneosuly.. IS this what your requirement is??

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh -

Yes. Sort of.

1 file with the actual output in one directory.

Second file with extension .RDY in another directory which should contain 0 bytes.

Thanks,

Tirumal