cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving UI element up & down in WDA enhancement isn't retained

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was trying to enhance a WebDynpro ABAP view by moving one of the standard UI element, such as a button, up or down in the layout. I was able to check and activate the enhancment. But upon re-entering the view via SE80, the enhancement is gone. The original button location is resumed. The same behavior happened when I was trying to change the button text in enhancement. The enhancement simply wasn't retained.

Does anybody have any idea what could be the problem? We are running SAP_BASIS 700 SP17.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone suggest how can I move UI element Up/Down in any view in a Standard Webdynpro Component via enhancement?????? Appreciate earliest response... Any link that you are aware of would be really useful..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have Activated your Enhancement Implementations and If you are using Switches, then do activate the switch atttached to your enhancement.

This problem mainly occurs if your enhancement is not activated. Do check this.

Thanx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did activate the enhancement implementation each time. The enhancement would retain in our other cases such as adding new UI elements, changing layout of an element (e.g. from MatrixData to MatrixHeadData), etc. And for these other successful cases, no switch assignments are necessary to reflect the enhancement the next time I launch SE80 and see the view.

But the enhancement is simply not retained when the it comes to moving a UI element up and down and/or changing the text of a button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

that means you are able to add new UI Elements and those are reflected.

what you mean by moving UI Elements up/down. Moving is only possible by changing the layout.

And layout you told that you are able to change ( matrixhead data etc).

Try to suppress the previous elements and add new UI's.

Thanx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The two scenarios I realize that the WDA enhancement is not capturing are:

1) change the label/text of an existing button

2) moving an element, such as a button, or an input field up/down on the screen. For example, if an input field appears in the standard layout in the 3rd row, I would like to move it up so that it appears to be on the 2nd row on the screen.

Both are considered layout enhancements. I am wondering if these two enhancement scenario can be achieved without having to remove the existing UI element and recreate a new one.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to move elements only by suppressing previous ones and inserting new ones.