cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM 7.0 or 2007 ??!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a client that want to upgrade its SCM 4.1 to the latest version. In PAM, SCM 2007 is the latest version of SCM In Unrestricted Shipment and SCM 7.0 is in ramp-up.

What version should I advice?

What is the really meaning of upgrade to a ramp-up version?

What kind of benefits/disadvantages I'll get it wen to a ramp-up version.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ramp-up is an SAP standard process that is funded and staffed to start the shipment of our most recent Software edition, in order to get feedback from Customers, Partners and the Field so we can improve our Products and services and ensure readiness of SAP and ecosystem for unrestricted shipment.

It ensures providing exceptional service to Early customers with the goal of helping them succeed and to make them referenceable. Ramp-up is a win-win engagment for both SAP and partners.

I am also enclosing a documentation link on SAP which provide more information on SCM upgrade ramp-up version

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/upgrade-scm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upgrading to the current ramp-up version is only something you should do if SAP is fully committed to the endeavour, typically they have already allocated staff to a finite amounts of ramp-up projects, best to check with them. Ramp-up is good and bad. We did 3.1 and there were bugs, it took a while to fix them.

I would be curious what you use in SCM4.1; if you use BW (DP/SNP) then you are going to be making a big shift to BI7.0 no matter if you go with 5.1 or 7.0. if you use PPM, are you considering migration to PDS? What is your level of ECC/ERP?

Getting to 7.0 is where you want to be, but 5.1 (S9) is pretty solid so far fo rus.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The attached link is the Product availability matrix from SAP service portal which shows the status of SCM 7.0 in Ramp-up phase.

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/support/scl/default.htm?usecaseid=8&showheader=X&s...

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My question is from technical perspective, but restricted to the functional evaluation...

Is any note/link that SAP states the expected end of the ram-up phase and starting of general release?

Regads

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to above points.

Latest version of SCM SCM 7.0 and it is under in ramp-up.

As any SAP ramp up projects has its advantages/disadvantages, similar advantages and disadvantages you will have.

Are you focusing technical upgrade or funcational? Based on it you have to choose.

Past few years from 2007 - many clients has gone for SCM 2007 (SCM 5.1) version upgrade.

If you ask SAP they will push you for the latest Ramp up version.