cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Figures in BPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question on how to handle multiple key figures like we have in BPS while planning various key figures types ( Quantity,Amount,number,Integer,Date,) in BPC. I've been reading that BPC can have only Signed Data to Store Values and based on Account Based model.

In SEM BPS/IP, we can have both Key figure Based model as well as Account Based model. How do we handle multiple key figures in BPC. I'm under the impression that a typical scenario to handle key figures is to create a Dimension and add members which will be a key figures and then pull through rows or columns in the input schedule. Is this the right approach that everyone is following while implementing for example( COPA based Sales Planning)..

For Example, one scenarios is to plan on no. of units( Quantity with UOM Each) and transfer costs, warehousing cost, freight cost in one input schedule. How do I design unit of measure for Quantities and different costs.. My Layout should be like this.

Quantity(Each) Transfer Cost Warehousing Cost Freight Total Cost

Product 1

Product 2

Product 3

Product 4

Any Ideas on how to implement this in BPC.What becomes dimensions, measure, members, properties in this model. This will help in understanding the key design strategies..

Thanks,

Veeru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"I'm under the impression that a typical scenario to handle key figures is to create a Dimension and add members which will be a key figures and then pull through rows or columns in the input schedule"

What you said above is similiar to account based model. You cannot have multiple measures (KFs) in BPC. So you need to go with the available measure where periodic, yearly and YTD values can be saved . You can create a dimension UOM and add whatever members you want (say Kgs, Nos, Pkts etc).

regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

So.. Is this how I should built it. Create Dimension Called UOM, add Members EA,KG etc and built another Dimension Called KF and add Members ( Transfer Cost, Units, warehousing Cost,freight ). Then create input Schedule by pulling Product Dimension in rows and KFdimension onto columns and other dimensions like Time, Entity, UOM, Currency into Header where UOM is restricted to EA.

Then my Question is how I handle Currency Conversion to run only for certain member of the KF dimension members like transfer cost, warehousing cost, Frieght and not to Unit member.

Do I have to write a separate script logic to restrict and not use default currency conversion logic.?

Thanks,

Veeru

pravin_datar
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Veeru,

I hope you are referring to BPC7NW and not BPC7MS. You can think BPC7NW as account based model in BPS terms where you have only one key figure. In BPC7Nw, you can have multiple measures like periodic, YTD, QTD or you can create more custom measures but there is only one underlying key figure. You can think of these measures more like calculated key figures. You can refer to /people/scott.cairncross/blog/2007/11/19/understanding-bpc-terminology-in-a-netweaver-world for understanding the BPC7NW terminology from BW perspective.

For currency conversion, it is recommended that as far as possible you use the delivered currency conversion functionality in BPC7NW that makes use of account type, rate application and currency type dimension. Please refer to note 1254330 for detailed information.

Regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can control the currency translation using rate properties of members in account dimension. This will apply translation logic only to Amounts and not to Quantities.

regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the message. I've understood the data modelling based on your comments.