Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Value of shared variable incorrect in calculations.

Hi All,

Hope someone can help as this has me beat!

I am doing a simple sales projection report, the only complication is that, being a global report, it needs to be run in a user selected currency.

I have a parameter in the main report to allow currency selection, and then a subreport in the header that calls the exchange rate file and stores this in a shared variable.

The detail sections then show potential sales in base currency and the report currency, i.e. potential value * rate shared variable.

The problem is that the formula in the main report does not see the rate correctly. To test it I created two formulae - the first multiplies potential by rate, the other multiplies potential by another formula which is just a hard coded '1.47'.

Selecting $ as the currency, I have the rate shared variable showing correctly in the detail as '1.47', but the formula that uses this sees it as 1.0018 for some reason, so instead of a correct value of $220,500.00 I get $220107.17.

Have spent nearly a day trying to track down the issue, so any suggestions at all welcome !

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question