SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIGO not possible when posting with Earmarked Funds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Earmarked Funds to budget for Sales Promotion Expenses.

Have set the field KBLNR as mandatory for a few GL Accounts and have set it as optional Posting Key 81.

I have created a Purchase Order with a Earmarked Fund. But when I am trying to do a MIGO for the PO I get the following error message "Field Doc. item is a required field for G/L account"Message no. F5808.

The field Earmarked funds is hidden in MIGO transaction .

Any clues on how I could bring this field in MIGO so that it can flow from the Purchase Order.

Thanks and Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The earmarked fund will not be stored in the material document, therefore there is no earmarked fund stored in the accounting document.

This is the standard system behaviour.

The field 'earmarked fund' should not be set as 'required field' in G/L account field group settings.

I would like to recommend you to set the field 'earmarked fund' as an optional field.

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.

I have changed the Field status and have made the field earmarked funds as mandatory through a FI validations for FI postings.

I tried to check the field at the time of creating Purchase Orders and used Exit_SAPLFMCH_001.

But this exit doesn't seem to work as the fields are getting cleared when the save button is hit and the Purchase Order gets saved with out the Earmarked Funds.

Is there any other exit or work around I can make Earmarked Funds mandatory for certain Commitment Items at the time of creating Purchase Orders ?

Regards.