cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change data type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have imported one FM into my component. This FM has one table. now I need to change the data type of a field of the table. So I went to SE11 and changed the data type of the field in the structure. But this does not reflect in the node.

So I have right clicked on the node and click changed and once again imported the attributes from the structure. But this doesn't work. Is this the only way we can change the data type or do we have any other way???

Appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure if this is the correct procedure but what I have done is deleted the field from the node and then added once again by changing the node.

When I rtclick on the node and click change and click add attributes from structure and select all the attributes it will import the deleted field to the node.

If this is the wrong procedure please give the correct procedure

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can directly declare any data element of your requirement and you can use the same in the node.

But the type should be the same as the FM importing attribute expects.

Change the data type of this attribute wherever declared or use.

I think you might have changed the data type in one place(like component controller) and might have

forgotten to change in the View's context.

Please change it in the component controller's context and try to change it in the view's context.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi lekha,

if you see my question, I am trying to change the data type of node in component controller it self. When I rt click on the attribute and select change, it doesnot allow to change the data type of attribute.

if I try to get the attributes once again from the structure by clicking change on the node it doesn't change the data type.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you have tried to call FM using service call right. Then for this attribute for which you want to change

the data type dont import that attribute. Rest all you try doing through service call. Then for the Importing node

manually add the attribute of your datatype. Check whether the data element is active .

Regards,

Lekha