item since 4/3/09. I ran all transactions on this since 11/1 and

reviewed the transactions costs didn't find anything that stuck out to

explain this.

Can you help us understand why the moving average price changed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Anusha..this is the reason of MAP changed.

Check the price mentioned in to PO of movement type 101.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but the problem is these movements occurred before 04/03/2009. Till April 3rd it was showing as 1.12/ per 100 but now it is showing as 0.18/ per 100. i cannot understand why this change.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have stock, then any price change will result in an accounting document. Hence check in MR51.

If you dont have stock, then just check the change history of your material master whether the price was changed manually (MM04)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from what you have explained, it seems that since the price has gone up, there is a possibility that an invoice receipt has been posted with a price higher than the material/PO price.

Since you have checked other processes, but not invoice receipts, please check it now.

The moving average price will increase if the invoice is posted at a higher price than what was planned for this material.

Hope this should help.

Regards,

Zafar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just checked the PO for that material and it did not have any PO history tab and threfore no invoice was received

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check for an accounting document that was posted yesterday or today in MR51.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you allow any MAP change through other transaction such as MRN0?

Please check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there are no GR's and IR s existing then check if there is any delivery created.This is valuated as quantity to be posted * total value / total stock

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in MB51 is any documents are posted(back dated) or in CKMPCD any material revaluation document has been posted. Same time invoice posting (direct posting to material) will also revaluates the material price.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check t.code MM19(Moving avg price on key date) and t.code MB5b for any movements for the period.

Or else check for whether invoice verification is done for the material because LIV also has got impact on moving average price.

Regards

AM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i checked and saw that there are somme movements aginst that material both incoming and outgoing. ccan this be the reason. I observed that there are 101, 201, 202 and 702 mvt types against the material..