cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Start a Transaction from SOLAR02 in ECC in a Different Language?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we are implementing SAP ECC 6.0 and I have to set up some test cases on SolMan..

I added the transactions that our testers should execute trough SOLAR02 and RFC in ECC.

Now, I need to enable the testers from SolMan (logged in EN) to start a transaction in ECC, in SH language.

The problem is the SAP Solution Manager has only default languages available, but in ECC there is SH language as well.

I have tried to set SH as default language in ECC in SU01, as well as in SolMan in SU01 (although I must logon to SolMan in EN) for the same user - and when a tx is started from SOLAR02 in ECC, it is started in EN language...

Any advice would be appreciated...

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Nenad

Edited by: Nenad Nikolic on Apr 10, 2009 4:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have to apply SH via SMLT to SolMan as well as all content is displayed in SolMan and not ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nesimi, thanks for an answer, but the problem is that there is still no SH language interface customization for SolMan (I'll have to double check this - I have always used just EN in SolMan...)

Anyway - the solution might be easy, as I was thinking in another direction, and I will post the result here when I try it out:

I want to find out is the problem solved if I define SH as the language for the trusted connection from SolMan to ECC.

I tried it with a SM.......CLNT.......LOGIN connection, and it worked with logon screen. Now all I have to do is to try it with trusted connection, as soon as I resolve another problem...

Once again thank you for an answer,

Nenad

p.s. - I am not sure if I have understood the "as well as all content is displayed in SolMan and not ECC" part - in any way - clicking on the transaction XXX in Solman (one tx from the list of transactions for testing - stored in tx SOLAR02), opens a new session window in ECC, and goes directly in XXX transaction...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again experts,

Yes, I can officially confirm -

I have created a trusted RFC connection (only God knows what have I done to make the error disappear) and defined the language SH in Logon&Security tab.

Then, I have defined that RFC conn as "RFC to Solution Manager" to ECC clnt 120 in SMSY, and it works!

Best regards,

Nenad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nenad

if you can provide us the step by step procedure what you did, we also wanted to test it out from solman

document help would be appreciated

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhudev,

what part do you need guide for?

For defining the transactions in Solar02, or for starting the ECC in different language then SolMan is running on?

Regards,

Nenad

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like a guide to everything.

I know it's been four years but I need this now. Thank you very much.