cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run SAP GUI 710 & BEx BI710 Patches

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was at my users' site to perform manual installation of SAP GUI.

I have successfully installed SAP GUI 710 & BEX 710 in one PC. But then I tried to upgrade it to use the patch - SAP GUI 710 Patch 11 & SAP BEX BI710 SP8, I was not able to run any of them.

In once instance, I remember receiving a message saying something like "NWSAPSETUP has failed to register"....Can't remember the exact message as I am at my place now.

May I know how can I solve this problem? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very good explanation of a problem ...

Can you check error message from log ? More info, for example OS where you trying it, are you trying to reboot PC ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

Did you meant error log from the Patch installer?

There was no error log. The installation windows simply disappeared after running for a while. Nothing happened after that.

The user is on Windows XP SP2. But I didnt reboot the PC after installing the SAP GUI.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

saying something like "NWSAPSETUP has failed to register"

can you post full error Now i'm think you need full deinstall SAP FRONTEND and BI, delete SAP folder from program files, sap shared from Program Files\Common Files, reboot PC, and try new installation.

I observed such situation one time, (after installing GUi, if system are not rebooted patch are not works correctly). Regards.

Answers (0)