cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YTD, MTD, YAGO, Function (Time-series Functions TODATE, AGO) Like OBIEE

0 Kudos

Dear BO Gurus,

I am a newbie to business object. I would like to ask are there any ready made time series functions which can be used in the BO Semantic layer (universe).

Like Year to Date, Year Ago. Functions like TODATE and AGO functions found in OBIEE semantic layer (siebel analytics). It was just simple there, I had to use the function on the semantic layer and BI server would raise the query to get the answer.

The syntax was

Todate(measure, time_dim_attribute)

Ago(measure, Time_Dim_Attribute, period)

Thanks & Regards

Ishaq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

There is no DB function in oracle to do this (AGO/TODATE).

OBIEE issues time-series queries, in the form of AGO and TODATE. AGO gives you, for example, the value of sales one month ago or one quarter ago, whilst TODATE gives you the total of sales month-to-date, or quarter-to-date, or year-to-date. Both of these time-series functions rely on the existence of a time dimension in your business model and mapping layer, with the period you can refer to in the AGO and TODATE functions being determined by what levels you have in this time dimension.

This eliminates the need to create and store complex time-based

reporting tables.

I would only like to know does the universe designer has this sort of functionality which is present in OBIEE semantic layer. Or I need to create and store time-based reporting tables.

The question can best be answered by some-one has worked on both the BI platforms (OBIEE and BO).

Thanks & Regards

Ishaq

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer to this question is in this post

It would be nice to have function calls for u201Cagou201D and u201Ctodateu201D as described but performance is an issue with these sort of functions. when they perform on large data sets

Time-Sliced Measures Part I: Defining the Problem

http://www.dagira.com/2009/08/08/time-sliced-measures-part-i-defining-the-problem/

Time-Sliced Measures Part II: Time Slice Calendar Table

http://www.dagira.com/2009/08/28/time-sliced-measures-part-ii-time-slice-calendar-table/comment-page...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define any custom SQL function in universes if it is supported by the relying datasource.

Didier