cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAProuter certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I would like to ask regarding the SAProuter certificate.

Our SAProuter certificate will expire soon, on June 2009.

However, this year we already discontinue the Enterprise Support maintenance contract.

Therefore we will no longer be able to send OSS messages and also ask SAP support to connect remotely to our SAP Systems through SAProuter and SNC.

Now, since we have other branches and mobile users we were using the SAProuter for them to connect to our SAP System remotely and where they have Internet connection. We use the SAProuter String in the SAP Logon settings to do this.

After June 2009, can we still use the SAProuter for our external users without renewing the certificate?

Thank you and we will appreciate your prompt reply on this matter.

Best regards,

Josephine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you will require the certificate for router to work and let the users log into SAP through SAP router strings

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit for your prompt reply.

However, I would like to ask if we can still renew the certificate even we have already discontinue the Enterprise Support from SAP starting from Feb 2009?

Every year I have applied for a new certificate for our SAProuter through the SAP Market Place and used the sapgenpse command to to renew the expired certificate.

Would it be the same procedure even we have not joined the Enterprise Support anymore?

Isn't it I only need the certificate for SNC to SAP Support?

This time we will not need to have SNC with SAP but our external users still needs to use SAProuter for access our own SAP Systems from external (branch offices or home).

Thank you and hoping for a reply soon.

Josephine

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

However, I would like to ask if we can still renew the certificate even we have already discontinue the Enterprise Support from SAP starting from Feb 2009?

That means the Sap Enterprise Support has been already discontinued now, So you can check by your self that you are able to generate the new certificate from Service marketplace or not, it is not required that you install your Sap router certificate in June 2009, You can check it now and apply it now also.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply but when I tried to go into SAP Market Place to apply for a new certificate there was a selection to make in the first part where there is the Target (on SAP-side).

So I realized that I do not need a certificate if we will not use the SNC to connect to SAP for support because since we already discontinue the service then we do not need to connect anymore to SAP for OSS messages or remote connection to and from SAP Support.

Just to make sure I'm in the right track,

The message below is the message we received from SAP when our certificate was about to expire on June 2008.

"Your certificate will expire on 22. June 2008.

IF YOU USE THIS SAPROUTER WITH SECURE NETWORK COMMUNICATION (NOT VPN) THIS WILL MEAN THAT YOU CAN NO LONGER USE THIS SAPROUTER TO ESTABLISH A CONNECTION TO THE SAP SUPPORT."

Does this mean that we only need the certificate for connecting to SAP through SNC for Support?

Now that we do not need to connect to SAP for support then does this mean we can still use the SAProuter program for the purpose of providing a connection to external users (from branch and home users) to our Company's SAP System?

The SAProuter service can be started with different switches and parameters. So if the certificate is only needed with the -K switch for (-K [myname] : activate SNC; if given, use 'myname' as own sec-id) does this mean that I just don't use this -K switch which needs a certificate for the SNC connection to and from SAP then the SAProuter will still run normally?

I'll just start the SAProuter service with the needed switches like the following:

start router : saprouter -r

-R routtab : name of route-permission-file (default ./saprouttab)

and no need for the -K switch anymore since we will no longer need the SNC connection to SAP for support.

To conclude my question, is the saprouter certificate only needed for the -K [myname] switch in the saprouter command?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Josephine