cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anonymus / guest user handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have two portal content with different desktops installed in a single portal installation. We can successfully access specific desktops by implementing different url Aliases for both the portal content. But now we are facing problem in handling guest/anonymus users for both of them. How can we seperate guest users for both the portals and display guest specific content for that portal?

By any chance can we determine the type of user (guest or authenticated) when the user types in the url and hits Enter button? I was thinking whether it is possible to identify the user type, catch the URL he/she has typed in and depending upon the URL typed set the desktop dynamically. Please let me know whether this approach is feasible at all or not. And if yes then where to do the coding...

hope I havent jumbled by question much.. let me know if you need any clarification.

Thanks in advance!!!

cheers!!!

Shubho

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Shubho,

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Guest (anonymous) users will be the user Guest in the group Anonymous Users. You can just set up a desktop rule based on user's group. There is a group for authenticated users.

If you are talking about content, you can create a role for anonymous users, and assign it to the Anonymous Users group.

Hope this helps. If I misunderstood the question, please clarify. Thanks.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your answer. Well perhaps I was not very clear in my question. I have two seperate set of business content-you can say two different portal content deployed in a single EP installation. Depending upon the url typed in we are understanding which portal content the user wants to see. Now for this reason we will have two sets of anonymus users.. thats where the problem is coming for us. The same user who is a guest/anonymus can type is url for portal 1 or portal 2. Both the portal has some default roles for their own anonymus users. If the user is authenticated then we can check what role he/she has. But for anonymus users how will I understand whether we need to show portal 1 guest roles or portal 2 guest roles..

if its still not clear please ask me..

regards,

shubhadip

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhadip,

How about going into the TLN and checking the URL, then depending on the URL rendering different sets of initial nodes (roles). This would require creating a custom TLN, but I don't think this is really hard.

This solution hardcodes into your TLN the roles. Once generalized way I've heard is to do the following:

• Create group for each "view" -- this group is a container for roles, and is not assigned to anyone.

• Add roles to each group

• Modify the TLN (as above) so that it determines the current view from the URL, perhaps via an alias. It then cycles through the initial nodes (roles); if the role is one of the roles in the group, it is rendered, otherwise it is skipped.

Hope this helps.

Daniel