cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG: Receiver Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement , where i need to do receiver determination with a value present in the target structure. Can anyone suggest me how this can be achieved.

Thanks in advance,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can access target structure column (can't access directly in determination window) corresponding source structure column (we can access in condition window) in receiver determination condition window. I think this window will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Can you explain me in detail , the method which you proposed should be implemented.

Thanks in advance,

Siva.

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

By mistake wrongly typed can (it should be can't in starting of line). According to your requirement u want to check condition with target field. But in PI according to SAP standard we can't access target structure in receiver determination window condition column, we can access only source structure in condition column. We can check condition with target structure column corresponding source structure column. I hope now clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i cant use the source structure because , the target value i got is from, by doing a lookup . So is there any way by which this can be done without using the source structure.

Thanks,

Siva

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use multi mapping technique, it will help you to check condition. I.e.,

1. Source structure have only one message & interface type

2. Target strucutre have two message & interface type

Mapping1:::::Source1..(dont all validaton beteen structe & lookup, after that pass value to ).....Target1

Mapping2:::::Target1..(no need to check any conditon, it is one to one mapping)......Target2

use target1 structure value in receiver determination condition window, here target1 & target2 structure values are same.

i hope now clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

When we use multimapping ie Source1------ target1, target1------- target2 , ie target2 as target structure, Source1 as source structure and target1 structure for receiver determination, but in receiver determination i can ony see the Source1 structure but not the target1 structure. Should i need to do anything to get this target1 structure in receiver determination.

Thanks,

Siva

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well Shiva,

As per me, there is no need to do Source1Target1Target2.

Please try the following.

Use Enhanced Receiver Determination. (Enhanced RD is used to configure your receivers at runtime)

Apart from your scenario, create a separate MM ) and IM and use this IM in your Enhanced RD. Rest all configuration will be as it is.

In MM, put the value of your Look up values in target and then can use this target as your receiver.

For more help on Enhanced RD, take a look at the following blog.

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

regards,

Madan Agrawal

Edited by: Madan Agrawal on Apr 10, 2009 12:22 PM

Edited by: Madan Agrawal on Apr 10, 2009 12:22 PM

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will check and get back.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sivarama,

What you can do is maintain values for target in a table. (SM30). you can use an RFC and write a small UDF to get the receiver values.

Basically you will need to:

1. create a table

2. create an RFC

3.maintain receiver values in table

4. create UDF to call RFC to get values from the table.

Regards,

Pavan

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your mapping which source field is being mapped to your desired target field and then put a condition in RD with that source field.

regards,

Madan Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you do conditional reciver determination based on the data of your source msg...........see you have some data in target msg, which would be coming after mapping from source msg data.........so have your receiver determination based on your source msg data..........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta